22.3/Combo Problem....First Half Write Up

RolloTony Brown Town

What if that supervisor left his phone at home that day or broke it before you sent the text?

No call no show?

Most buildings have a policy. Follow the policy and call the center.

Reaching directly to a supervisor is a chance. Just like you could say “I never saw that message” or “I left my phone at home” if a supervisor reached out to you on your personal phone. They can do the same.

When UPS started being cheap and understaffing the office and (or) deciding not to pick up the phone.

Plus like I've argued with my center manager a few time the contract is clear.
View attachment 244794
It doesn't say how I notify you. You don't want to pick up the phone. Fine, here's a TXT with a time stamp confirming I notified you. :)

I know the older generation doesn't like it but if UPS wants to play games. That's cool I can play games too. ;)
A notification to the “company” must be done through the company’s communication network. Does UPS have its own text network? If you text a supervisor and get no response, you have not provided notification.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A notification to the “company” must be done through the company’s communication network.

What article of the contract, covers that ?

Does UPS have its own text network? If you text a supervisor and get no response, you have not provided notification.

And, if a supervisor calls or text's a driver to cover a pickup or take stops off

another driver.... those "instructions" can be ignored, because it didn't come

through the "official" UPS communication system ?

A lot of drivers, are going to be happy to hear that.

:biggrin:

derrick

And, if a supervisor calls or text's a driver to cover a pickup or take stops off

Checkmate

542thruNthru

What if that supervisor left his phone at home that day or broke it before you sent the text?

No call no show?

Me personally I call the office twice. 15min between the calls. After that I send a msg to my ORS saying "called office twice no answer. I am sick today. Thank you."

After that it's not my problem. I've never gotten a no call no show and if I did I would grieve it. I followed the contract language and did my best to notify them.

My sup has been on vacation before and sent me a msg saying I need to keep calling. I told him "no I'm sick and dont have the strength. You're a salary employee and are always on the clock. Thank you."

No article. Common sense is if you don’t get a response, you didn’t make a contact or notification. If a supervisor calls or texts a driver and doesn’t get a response. Yes, those instructions can be ignored.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No article. Common sense is if you don’t get a response, you didn’t make a contact or notification.

Common sense and UPS.... aren't terms that are used in the same sentence.

If a supervisor calls or texts a driver and doesn’t get a response. Yes, those instructions can be ignored.

Um....

That's overly broad advice.

If you have a history of always answering your phone or messages, that could

be problematic if you try and "pick and chose" which ones you respond to.

Tread lightly.

Common sense and UPS.... aren't terms that are used in the same sentence.

Um....

That's overly broad advice.

If you have a history of always answering your phone or messages, that could

be problematic if you try and "pick and chose" which ones you respond to.

Tread lightly.
It is my personal cellphone. I can pick and choose when and who I respond to. If mgmt doesn’t get a response from a text about covering a pickup, they know they didn’t make contact with me. They should either make contact another way or find someone else.

I work in “sell out” areas. I cannot be disciplined for not responding to instructions on my personal phone.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It is my personal cellphone.

Absolutely.

I can pick and choose when and who I respond to.

Ok.

If mgmt doesn’t get a response from a text about covering a pickup, they know they didn’t make contact with me.

Why would they text you in the first place.... for company business ?

They should either make contact another way

That's what the 2-way communication on the DIAD is for.

or find someone else.

Got it....

Something you don't like ?

Ignore them.

I cannot be disciplined for not responding to instructions on my personal phone.

Who said they could.... ?

-Bug-

Absolutely.

Ok.

Why would they text you in the first place.... for company business ?

That's what the 2-way communication on the DIAD is for.

Got it....

Something you don't like ?

Ignore them.

Who said they could.... ?

-Bug-
Maybe we are agreeing. I was under the impression you were saying a communication via text/cellphone can be problematic if ignored.

22.34life

Times change,technology changes,a txt message didn't exist 20 years ago but now it's the preferred way to communicate.i represented an employee where the fulltime sup said the employee must speak only to him not a p/t sup.so I said,so this means that all communication should come from u only also?