22.3 Irreg Driver

Should there be a 22.3 irreg driver?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

JJinVA

So these last 2 weeks, we’ve been crammed full everyday. Somedays we have to leave behind 5-10 irregs because there is literally no room in the truck. Ive been delivering 380 pkgs out of a 500... every shelf has three courses high, two rows deep. Last week the air driver shuttled some out to us, but I called the center manager and asked if they could just deliver them since I still had no walkway at 3pm. They agreed and one by one I watched them come out of my board. It was glorious. Two of the boxes alone were for one stop, and each box was 4ft wide by 4ft wide by 5ft tall... ONE stop..... in a 500 because we ran out of trucks.

This week theyve just been saying “leave the irregs you cant fit behind and we’ll deal with them”. And of course all of our times improved because we can actually move through the trucks and get things from under the shelves, reorganize, find misloads etc. Doesnt this seem like itd be a great idea for a 22.3? Not every driver has irregs that they cant fit so youre only looking at maybe 50 stops a day if even that but the amount of hassle it would save those drivers and the time it would save seems worth it to me.