burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey all, been working for UPS for a few years now as a loader and decided to write my first post questioning the logistic decisions being made by upper management. It's not even peak season yet, but for the last 2 months I have been having a hard time completing the load for my set of package cars on time. Most of the time, I have to leave off 1 or 2 bulk sets of packages off to the side in a giant pile, usually ranging from 25 - 85 big packages, all while being told that I can't stack. And most of the time, all of these package cars are bricked out by the end, so there is a physical impossibility of fitting more volume onto any of them. The drivers and I have both let management know about the problems, being as blunt as possible, letting them know certain routes (mall routes) can only contain so much due to the sheer size of the packages. For example, this one route can usually fit 200 - 260 boxes, 260 on a good day, and again, we have let management know that. Yet for some reason, they just ignore it and keeping creating loads above 290. Just wondering if the company has moved on to using AI to create these loads for the drivers or is management pretending to have there heads buried and ignore the blatant problem. I fully understand how some routes have bad days when it comes to containing a full load, unfortunately this happens 9 out of 10 times, so there seems to be no efforts on resolving the problem any time soon. I'm usually the last loader to clock off with no help from others (Box line teamsters that are on their phones kicking sand). One of the drivers told me to not stress about it, and said "don't feel bad, management does it to themselves". Which only made me question the logistic decisions being made and why. I am just wondering if anyone else has or has had any similar problems to this, because it feels like sabotage.
LOL it’s the ups way embrace it

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
As soon as you become aware that you are getting a bulk stop, let dispatch know so they can do an add cut and move it to another car. You should be familiar enough with the boxes to know when you are getting a regular bulk stop to let dispatch know.
IMG_7273.jpeg