22.4 driver question

Justachilldude

Every now and then, I find myself with an easy looking day, so I’ll rush to finish, skip the break and get back and clock out after having only worked 4-5 hours. Maybe 50% of the time I do that, I successfully clock out before the green light of death strikes. Today, I finished quickly and started my 45 minute drive back to the center and the GLOD attacked as I pulled in. I told them in a message that I don’t like it when they wait to the last second to tell me to help someone. They responded basically saying “you have to work at least 8 hours every day. Tell us before you’re almost done so this doesn’t happen.” It rubbed me wrong because I felt that they were dishonest, otherwise, why would it be an option to code 5? (or is it code 6? I forget) my suspicions rose further when the driver I was sent to help told me that the supervisors lied to me. Let me get this straight, I am ok with being told to help someone. I just don’t want to have supervisors take advantage of me by lying. So, tell me, oh wise ones. Did my supervisor lie to me or not?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Lololololololololololololl you dont want to work 8hrs a day? You are at the wrong company. You won't last long. Yes they can force you to help another driver. Keep running

Sixth Punch Sense

1. Seems like this is a troll post or get the pot stirring post, key word Skip my break and rush.

2. If this is legit, once you are heading back to the facility you are not allowed to view messages. Once at the facility they can not make you go help someone unless you want your guarantee 8. So you should not view the message until you are back, then respond no I'm at the facility. Punch out and go.

SLW

Lied to about what? That you have to work 8 hours? Yes. Never trust management, but don't let them rub you the wrong way or get in your feelings about it. In this instance you kind of incited it by complaining.

I only tell them I'm finished if, 1) They tell me I have to, 2) I want more hours, or 3) I'm completely done with my work and lunch before 3 or 4 (just as a courtesy to other drivers who are not so lucky).

They'll always wait until the last second. If you don't want to help, say you really don't want to. They'll either be like "OK," or they'll tell you you have to.

Last edited:
Every now and then, I find myself with an easy looking day, so I’ll rush to finish, skip the break and get back and clock out after having only worked 4-5 hours. Maybe 50% of the time I do that, I successfully clock out before the green light of death strikes. Today, I finished quickly and started my 45 minute drive back to the center and the GLOD attacked as I pulled in. I told them in a message that I don’t like it when they wait to the last second to tell me to help someone. They responded basically saying “you have to work at least 8 hours every day. Tell us before you’re almost done so this doesn’t happen.” It rubbed me wrong because I felt that they were dishonest, otherwise, why would it be an option to code 5? (or is it code 6? I forget) my suspicions rose further when the driver I was sent to help told me that the supervisors lied to me. Let me get this straight, I am ok with being told to help someone. I just don’t want to have supervisors take advantage of me by lying. So, tell me, oh wise ones. Did my supervisor lie to me or not?
Millennials
This is the future of our company and our union
Lord help us all

barnyard

KTM rider
WAD = work as directed

You signed up for an 8 hour a day job and are complaining because bosses expect you to work 8 hours??

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
tenor.gif

542thruNthru

1. Seems like this is a troll post or get the pot stirring post, key word Skip my break and rush.

2. If this is legit, once you are heading back to the facility you are not allowed to view messages. Once at the facility they can not make you go help someone unless you want your guarantee 8. So you should not view the message until you are back, then respond no I'm at the facility. Punch out and go.
Not true everywhere.

Overpaid Union Thug

Slow down! Take every second of your breaks!

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
No 22.4 should go home before the great RPCD , honestly if they finish they should meet the RPCD and switch trucks. RPCD gets to take empty truck back and 22.4 should finish the RPCDs remaining stops
🧔✊