22.4 guarantee

SLW

I will, if I get less than 3 days. Otherwise I'm happy for a day off, especially since everyone I've talked to who asked for their 8 wound up doing work they would've rather not done.

I will, if I get less than 3 days. Otherwise I'm happy for a day off, especially since everyone I've talked to who asked for their 8 wound up doing work they would've rather not done.
Maybe if more people demanded their 8 hours they might actually out in a few extra routes instead of you doing stupid work

Crazy I know!

SLW

Speaking of which, I've been driving for almost five months now and have yet to hear from anyone on how to join the union. But that's for a different thread I suppose...

SLW

Yeah, reg-temp, nothing counts Nov & Dec. Bc of that, I didn't have "30 days" until mid-January. Maybe since I reclassed to 22.4 it's starting starting over or something.

SLW

Yep it's the same here. Probably at ~60 working days, not including peak, and I finished my packet beginning of November. It's a mystery. I'll give it till I have 30 working specifically as 22.4 until I start bothering anyone about it I guess.

Delivered

Not in the Central Region.

It's 6 hrs for "show up" pay and 8 hrs.... if put to work.

Also, a 22.4 would be a "10%'er" and not have a 40 hr guarantee.

22.4 is a separate classification and would have their own 90% that would be guaranteed 40hrs if working their 1st scheduled workday which should be Tuesday

Son of ORION

Hi guys, quick question...If a still being a 22.4 but with enough senority. Can I bid for a route??
I'm on the North Atlantic division, Local 107.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
The easy explaination is Drivers bump combo drivers and combo drivers bump the inside building. You should work preload+air/day sort if it is known that no route is open for you or day/air+twilight if an open route closes unexpectedly on that day.

Seems like you are angry about the 90-minute split but lunch should already be 1 hour and you save 30 minutes of traffic by arriving for preload regardless.
He'd be better doing a sort instead of running up and down before driving

ManInBrown

Thanks for all the input so far.

I read my supplement, and I didn't see anything about my guaranteed hours in it, so I assume I'm covered by the national agreement. My steward couldn't tell me what my initiation fee was supposed to be to the union, so I'm not entirely confident he'll be able to help me with this.

I guess my next concern is that if I make a stink about this, they'll just tell me to stop coming in, and I'll ultimately end up with even fewer hours. I like to think I have a decent relationship with my supervisor currently, I'd rather keep it that way.
Don’t worry about whatever relationship you think you’ve established with your supervisor. Trust me when I say, he/she couldn’t care less about you. Sorry for your situation of being a 22.4, the union is to blame for allowing workers like you to be second class citizens.

If you’re supplement guarantees you 8 hours, then demand it. Ask them to point you in the direction of the broom closet. And trust me on this, the day you demand your 8, your friendly relationship you think you have with your supervisor goes out the window. They love workers like you that show up every morning on the off chance something goes wrong, and then is willing to go home when everything is honky dory. Don’t let them do it.