22.4 guarantee

542thruNthru

Go do pick ups and unload trucks when you get back to the building?

Unless your supp says different.. they can give you any combination of work as long as there is not more than 1.5 hour gap between it. So if your building has a day shift you could driver for 5 hours and then do that.

I'm not trying to be a ass I'm just saying this position is a combo position and everyone was upset that it was going to be all driving. Now that it isn't all driving people are upset about that now also?

Last edited:
Unless your supp says different.. they can give you any combination of work as long as there is not more than 1.5 hour gap between it. So if your building as a day shift you could driver for 5 hours and then do that.

I'm not trying to be a ass I'm just saying this position is a combo position and everyone was upset that it was going to be all driving. Now that it isn't all driving people are upset about that now also?
When it's slow they will use them for whatever they need to do to make an 8 hour shift. When it gets busy they will be underpaid drivers.

Staydryitsraining

Unless your supp says different.. they can give you any combination of work as long as there is not more than 1.5 hour gap between it. So if your building as a day shift you could driver for 5 hours and then do that.

The contract says they got a straight 8. Preload and run or run and come in for later sort. Ours were preloading only, running air, running libs. They took lunch at 8 830 came back at 9 915. Because the union said 22.4 language couldnt be better than fsp, they said straight 8 didnt matter. But because air drivers are only guaranteed 3 hours all hours over that are grievances.

DOK

You need to read your Supplemental Agreement(s) and talk with your Steward.

Not in the Central Region.

It's 6 hrs for "show up" pay and 8 hrs.... if put to work.

Also, a 22.4 would be a "10%'er" and not have a 40 hr guarantee.

-Bug-

Thought 22.4’s were guaranteed 40 per the Master agreement?

Staydryitsraining

What supplement ?
20200221_125158.jpg

RolloTony Brown Town

I guess my next concern is that if I make a stink about this, they'll just tell me to stop coming in, and I'll ultimately end up with even fewer hours. I like to think I have a decent relationship with my supervisor currently, I'd rather keep it that way.

They won’t tell you to not come in... you could be forced to bump inside to split shift.

at the end of the day you need to decide what you want to do. You have a contract that needs to be followed. Yes your supervisor will be frustrated but you’re wasting time and gas money to show up and go home.

If you want the contract enforced then You need to know it, follow it, and accept it.

If you don’t want to enforce the contract then you risk being jerked around.

being junior in a center sucks. Good luck!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The easy explaination is Drivers bump combo drivers and combo drivers bump the inside building. You should work preload+air/day sort if it is known that no route is open for you or day/air+twilight if an open route closes unexpectedly on that day.

Seems like you are angry about the 90-minute split but lunch should already be 1 hour and you save 30 minutes of traffic by arriving for preload regardless.

UPSER1987

Please dont be afraid to rock the boat and stand up for your rights. Too many around here that get rolled over because they dont want to cause a "fuss". Your union dues aren't just for :censored2:s and giggles.

But his steward can even speak to initiation fees...some steward...who trains these guys?