22.4 Layoff

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No, it goes by company senority, not full time/part time seniority

If you have worked for the company longer than a full time employee, the full time employee can not bump you, you have higher seniority

What supplemental language of the contract are you referring to ?

rrhogueiii

22.4 here been driving a little over a year and last week they hit me and 8 other 22.4s with a layoff. They stated we lost ours 8/hour guarantee as well as our driver pay when going back to the hub. From what I understand this is not breaking contract. But we are still working our Saturday bid routes and being called in the day before to cover RPCD bid routes. In this way is the contract being broken? They basically said we don’t need you but we’re going to use you when we please such as Saturday’s and when guys call in.

Taking a 6.50 pay cut along with a 15 hour cut is going to screw us guys. We’re hoping we can find a way to get our 40 hour week back along with our 22.4 pay somehow. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
are 22.3 jobs on way out ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
are 22.3 jobs on way out ?

Nope.

Have you even read the contract, in your (alleged) 46 years ?

Section 3.

"The parties agree that providing part-time employees the opportunity to become full-time employees is a priority of this Agreement. Accordingly, the Employer commits that during the life of this Agreement, it will offer part-time employees the opportunity to fill at least twenty-two thousand five hundred (22,500) permanent full-time job openings throughout its operations covered by this Agreement.

This commitment shall include the obligation to create at least seventy-five hundred (7500) new full-time jobs from existing part- time jobs during the last three years of this Agreement throughout its operations covered by this Agreement; one thousand (1000) in the third year of the contract; three thousand (3000) in the fourth year; and thirty-five hundred (3500) in the fifth year of this Agreement. In creating these jobs, the Company shall be allowed up to one and one half (1.5) hour gap between jobs in a workday notwithstanding any provision in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum that is more limiting. Any disagreements will be referred to the Chairs of the National Negotiating Committee for resolution.

The number of full-time jobs created under Article 22, Section 3 of the 1997-2002, the 2002-2008, the 2013-2018 and the 2018-2023 Agreements shall not be reduced. Within sixty (60) days of the ratification of this Agreement the Employer shall provide the International Teamsters Union a report detailing and identifying the full-time jobs which will need to be maintained pursuant to this paragraph."

You sound like somebody's soon to be ex-wife.... fishing for answers.

Thebrownblob

Nope.

Have you even read the contract, in your (alleged) 46 years ?

Section 3.

"The parties agree that providing part-time employees the opportunity to become full-time employees is a priority of this Agreement. Accordingly, the Employer commits that during the life of this Agreement, it will offer part-time employees the opportunity to fill at least twenty-two thousand five hundred (22,500) permanent full-time job openings throughout its operations covered by this Agreement.

This commitment shall include the obligation to create at least seventy-five hundred (7500) new full-time jobs from existing part- time jobs during the last three years of this Agreement throughout its operations covered by this Agreement; one thousand (1000) in the third year of the contract; three thousand (3000) in the fourth year; and thirty-five hundred (3500) in the fifth year of this Agreement. In creating these jobs, the Company shall be allowed up to one and one half (1.5) hour gap between jobs in a workday notwithstanding any provision in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum that is more limiting. Any disagreements will be referred to the Chairs of the National Negotiating Committee for resolution.

The number of full-time jobs created under Article 22, Section 3 of the 1997-2002, the 2002-2008, the 2013-2018 and the 2018-2023 Agreements shall not be reduced. Within sixty (60) days of the ratification of this Agreement the Employer shall provide the International Teamsters Union a report detailing and identifying the full-time jobs which will need to be maintained pursuant to this paragraph."

You sound like somebody's soon to be ex-wife.... fishing for answers.
Pretty much what I was thinking when he asked that question I question if he even works here at all. How could someone work here so long and know absolutely nothing?

But then again, I got some guys who’ve been here 30+ years who asked questions like that sometimes and I’m almost speechless.

oldngray

nowhere special
Pretty much what I was thinking when he asked that question I question if he even works here at all. How could someone work here so long and no absolutely nothing?

But then again, I got some guys who’ve been here 30+ years who asked questions like that sometimes and I’m almost speechless.
I was thinking a fairly new part timer. No way someone who worked there as long as he claims should be that ignorant.

rrhogueiii

Pretty much what I was thinking when he asked that question I question if he even works here at all. How could someone work here so long and know absolutely nothing?

hardly have read any of the previous labor agreements,your correct.reason is i have had only 2 minor issues over all the years and both were solved with short phone calls to BA.

rrhogueiii

hardly have read any of the previous labor agreements,your correct.reason is i have had only 2 minor issues over all the years and both were solved with short phone calls to BA.i reached out to you co-workers and been treated poorly by a few….no hard feelings but kinda dis-appointing.thx anyway

Thebrownblob

hardly have read any of the previous labor agreements,your correct.reason is i have had only 2 minor issues over all the years and both were solved with short phone calls to BA.
Did you cross the picket line in 1997? We went on strike for those 22.3 jobs to be permanent. Not sure how you missed Two of the most important UPS, labor issues of the last 25 years….. solidifying full-time inside work with 22.3, and the removal of the 22.4.🤷‍♂️

I guess you live in your own little cocoon. More power to u I suppose.

rrhogueiii

Did you cross the picket line in 1997? We went on strike for those 22.3 jobs to be permanent. Not sure how you missed Two of the most important UPS, labor issues of the last 25 years….. solidifying full-time inside work with 22.3, and the removal of the 22.4.🤷‍♂️

I guess you live in your own little cocoon. More power to u I suppose.
did not cross…was never interested in either combo bid,then or now.i own a very successful buisness outside ups thus stayed p/t…thx