Splitting vacations

R1wonder

Who else is dealing with this , we’re all RPCD now , but Syracuse NY hub just re did our bidding , starting our two year cycle over , and the company decided they’ll allow Monday - Friday to bid vaca and then Tuesday - Sat is separate, only allowing a few Monday ppl and then the rest are t-s

So now me with 20 years , and several others , don’t get our vaca and the top Tuesday guy will . I swear this place will do anything to piss us off and violate a contract. After we all placed our bids we went from the table to another table to sign our names to a national grievance 🤦🏼‍♂️ they claim this is happening elsewhere

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Who else is dealing with this , we’re all RPCD now , but Syracuse NY hub just re did our bidding , starting our two year cycle over , and the company decided they’ll allow Monday - Friday to bid vaca and then Tuesday - Sat is separate, only allowing a few Monday ppl and then the rest are t-s

So now me with 20 years , and several others , don’t get our vaca and the top Tuesday guy will . I swear this place will do anything to piss us off and violate a contract. After we all placed our bids we went from the table to another table to sign our names to a national grievance 🤦🏼‍♂️ they claim this is happening elsewhere
Does your new supplement deal with this?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

Vacation selection shall be by seniority within the classification. The posted vacation schedule shall show the weeks available for vacation and the number of employees in each classification who may be on vacation each week. Vacation schedules, by classification, shall be posted on October 1st and remain posted for one (1) month for selection of vacations for the period of January 1st through December 31st, except for the period of time from the Monday after Thanksgiving to December 25th. The employees in the top one-third

Is this not yours?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

Why are your vacations not picked in November?

R1wonder

No ours are done in the beginning of the year . Every two years we bid In February and we do vaca same time , on the years we don’t bid they just kinda go around by seniority and do them . There’s obviously no 22.4 jobs now and we’re all the same class . They 1000% violated and did this wrong . Unions grieving , I sure hope there is a fast resolve

R1wonder

IMG_6929.png

Ghost in the Darkness

Seems pretty clear to me. 22.4s are gone & 22.3s bid seperately. RPCDs whether on a M-Fri, T-Sat, W-Sun, Thurs-M, Fri-T, Sat-W, Sun-Thurs, any 5 in 7, or 4 tens are still all the same classification.

Last edited:

R1wonder

Seems pretty clear to me. 22.4s are gone & 22.3s bid seperately. RPCDs whether on a M-Fri, T-Sat, W-Sun, Thurs-M, Fri-T, Sat-W, Sun-Thurs, any 5 in 7, or 4 tens are still all the same classification.
Right . They do what they want , can’t wait to see how long this drags out . I still got a June July August Sept and November vaca … but two back to back in July I wanted and couldn’t get . Someone with half the seniority will : obviously plenty of others above and below me also got screwed