22.4 told I can never work preload again even with permission

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if you as a 22.4 ever sling boxes then someone is gonna get bitched out for it, or at least lose their monthly bonus.
There is no such thing as a monthly bonus

ok obviously what is going on here is that your preloading went on your center manager's numbers and not on the preload manager's tab
Preload work falls under the preload slic, not the on road slic, no matter who it is

It's more likely the manager is pissed because this guy couldn't run/cover a full dispatch and they had zero notice of it so they blamed the driver instead of the idiot preload manager

Kingofthenorth

There’s definitely parts of this story missing.

Did OP run out of hours? Get permission from some part time supe to go on the clock? Not do the extra work in seniority order?
Got permission from preload manager(full time) and was going to run out of hours on Friday. Union Stewart told me Center manager is throwing a fit making up things etc because he forced him to switch a few 22.4s to regular drivers.

Kingofthenorth

Okay, everyone needs to put on their big boy pants and stop believing in the easter bunny. use just a little bit of critical thinking.
22.4s get paid less than RPCDs because they're like half and half. Sounds like a load of crap, but ok that's what was agreed to. and they get paid more than boxthrowers because they drive. SO ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN CAN SEE HERE that that makes them cheap drivers but expensive loaders, so it's in the company's interest to have them never sling boxes. that half and half stuff was always baloney, 22.4s were never going to do anything but drive. if you as a 22.4 ever sling boxes then someone is gonna get bitched out for it, or at least lose their monthly bonus. the preload manager approved it but your center manager didn't and is pissed, ok obviously what is going on here is that your preloading went on your center manager's numbers and not on the preload manager's tab. so the preload manager got a free hour of labor that your center manager is going to get bitched out for. so yea your center manager can give you standing orders never to work preload with out their express permission.

now them giving you conflicting orders is their business, so you work as instructed, demand your guarantee if you want, and file if you have a problem.
So I am combination driver that is never allowed to do combination work again officially. How am I a combination driver?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
You were never supposed to do “combination work” it’s just a loop hole to pay you less. They tell you what work to do. You don’t tell them.

That's the neat part, you're not
3oEjI80DSa1grNPTDq.gif

542thruNthru

Got permission from preload manager(full time) and was going to run out of hours on Friday. Union Stewart told me Center manager is throwing a fit making up things etc because he forced him to switch a few 22.4s to regular drivers.
You do combination work when required not when you're just trying to run out of hours so you can get off earlier.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
So you're a Tuesday through Saturday who was going to run out of hours and not be able to complete your scheduled work because of it.

There's the problem. You need to keep enough hours to complete your assigned work days.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
So, you don’t think there are ways to finagle these numbers
You’re either stupid or naive
honestly this response just shows you don't really know much of how management actually works

of all the sketchy things operators will do, this is not one of them; it's extremely easy to spot, extremely easy to correct, and would cause a lot of drama if done on purpose

stay in your lane guy, dirty number games is my business

Yeah I did it. I’ll ask again. Who they hell wants to work preload? lol
I worked it for over 12 years when drivers started at 8 AM. We started at 3:30 or 3:45 and this was before PAL labels. Also made $.50/hr less than top rate delivery drivers after 90 days with full benefits. PT sup forced me to bid off. I wasn't working hard enough. Best career move I ever made.