22.4 two year commitment dilemma

542thruNthru

Wouldn't that increase the amount of rpcd they must allow off.
In my center They let 7 people off during summer months, with 22.4 since they’re full time that would need to be increased to 9, using the 15% rule of full time drivers

They say the 22.4 are in a different job classification therefore are able to create a new list for vacation.

Central Pennsylvania

From what I'm reading your manager is somewhat right. Vacation is by job classification(in red) but also in red only in May is the RPCD position to be 15%. 22.4s are not package car drivers, they are combo drivers.

Then in summer all fulltime employees per classification will be at 15%. So RPCD classification at 15% and 22.4s at 15%.
Screenshot_20200209-150422_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

So in my opinion RPCDs will bid first to what ever percentage they can. Then 22.4s will bid also to whatever percentage they can for each week.

I would discuss this with your BA if I were you.

Up In Smoke

In the Central we are keeping RCPD's and 22.4's on separate classification lists. Each pick their own vacations, optional days and single day vacations within their classification. We had 132 RCPD's when the contract was ratified, so our centers protected number is 99. No RPCD positions will be available for transfer until we drop below 99.

charm299

So I just finished Integrad and will be filling an RTD position for peak season if I qualify. HR pulled me aside and told me that I am next in line to fill a 22.4 position and that if I want to change positions, I can since I haven’t actually started the 30 day qualification process for the RTD position. While I was questioning her about the position, she informed me that once you get a 22.4 position, that you’re locked into it for 2 years. That means that If an RPCD position becomes available (which they will in my hub) 22.4s won’t be able to bid for those positions until their two years are up. If that’s the case, I think I’d be better off passing on the 22.4 and waiting for the RPCD positions to become available since I’m 3rd in line with 10 guys retiring next year. I have read the contract where I think that the commitment info would be and I can’t find it anywhere. Has anyone else heard of this commitment requirement and if so, am I doing the right thing.
Thanks
I’m in the southern region and our first 22.4s were in July and all of them became rpcd in January

Zurion

22.4s where I am pick vacation separately from RPCDs, the reasoning being that it makes more sense(according to mgmt/union) to have a proportionate number of M-friend and T-S off during any given week, so you don't have low seniority RPCDs forced in on Saturdays in October because that was when the 22.4s were able to take their vacation.

In the Central we are keeping RCPD's and 22.4's on separate classification lists. Each pick their own vacations, optional days and single day vacations within their classification. We had 132 RCPD's when the contract was ratified, so our centers protected number is 99. No RPCD positions will be available for transfer until we drop below 99.

Your protected number of RPCDs is whatever the number of RPCDs were scheduled M-friend when the contract was ratified.

Shift 2

So I just finished Integrad and will be filling an RTD position for peak season if I qualify. HR pulled me aside and told me that I am next in line to fill a 22.4 position and that if I want to change positions, I can since I haven’t actually started the 30 day qualification process for the RTD position. While I was questioning her about the position, she informed me that once you get a 22.4 position, that you’re locked into it for 2 years. That means that If an RPCD position becomes available (which they will in my hub) 22.4s won’t be able to bid for those positions until their two years are up. If that’s the case, I think I’d be better off passing on the 22.4 and waiting for the RPCD positions to become available since I’m 3rd in line with 10 guys retiring next year. I have read the contract where I think that the commitment info would be and I can’t find it anywhere. Has anyone else heard of this commitment requirement and if so, am I doing the right thing.
Thanks
Just take the 22.4 position and sign for the rpcd after you make 30 days and if they don’t give it to you or a higher seniority 22.4 then grieve it and see what the hall does about it. I’d rather take my chances being full time. At least if you have a feeder center you could give that a shot and by pass packages altogether.