24/7 FedEx Break Room Propaganda

MassWineGuy

Last week a separate screen was installed in our break room. Ever since, company videos have been playing endlessly. This, plus the tv is always on, which makes me nuts because what’s on is generally dreck. I can turn that off. But the new monitor has no visible controls. It can be unplugged.

dezguy

We've had a propaganda screen in our break room for about 6 or 7 years now. Controls are at the bottom of the monitor, on the back. I turn it off any time I take a break in there. That's my time. Sure not going to listen to the propagandists, while relaxing.

HedleyLamarr

We actually have Direct TV at our station now. My favorite channel is the one that has a phone number with the message "Please call this number to pay your bill."

Thesearecrazytimes

That stuff has been playing in my former breakroom nonstop for years. It was a constant reminder that even though Fedex couldnt afford to give me a raise, new uniforms, better equipment etc., they could certainly afford to waste money on playing worthless information to empty breakrooms 24/7.

AB831

Any place that goes to the lengths FedEx does to assure you that you’re working at heaven on earth is more than likely a hellhole

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That stuff has been playing in my former breakroom nonstop for years. It was a constant reminder that even though Fedex couldnt afford to give me a raise, new uniforms, better equipment etc., they could certainly afford to waste money on playing worthless information to empty breakrooms 24/7.
Mission Accomplished: empty break rooms!

Back to work you slug!

SmithBarney

Our break room usually has Fnews running, or some Maury or BS talk show, which the customers can hear blaring... I usually shut it off, but someone turns it right back on, and there is no one around watching it.
They put the new 24/7 TV in the haulway right outside the bathrooms... not sure WTF they were thinking, do they expect us to stand there and listen to people using the toilet and that TV at the same time(they sound simular but really WTF) Also this channel is available on the breakroom tv why did we waste money on this? the dude installing it gets paid 190/hr...