25 and Out...

screamin chicken

Effective January 1, 2014, the following enhancements will be implemented:
35 years, any age - $3,700
30 or more years, any age - $3,200 plus $100/yr of service for years over 30 up to $3,700
Effective January 1, 2017, the following enhancements will be implemented:
35 years, any age - $3,900
30 or more years, any age - $3,400 plus $100/yr of service for years over 30 up to $3,900
So I was part time for 7 yr. that drops me down 3.5, i have been a driver 16 yrs. so i am at 19.5 , If i do 10.5 yrs and get my 30 I can retire with full benefits at 54, and get 3200.00 plus what ever the other 3.5 PT i get will be added.....

Slinging Packages

So I was part time for 7 yr. that drops me down 3.5, i have been a driver 16 yrs. so i am at 19.5 , If i do 10.5 yrs and get my 30 I can retire with full benefits at 54, and get 3200.00 plus what ever the other 3.5 PT i get will be added.....
I believe it would be 3400.00 because in 2017 we get another 200.00 a month but In my local you have to be 55 to get medical benefits even with 30 or more years in.

kfish

As of right now my plans are to retire after my 25 years, which will be in about 2 1/2 years. Has anyone heard any information about the new contract that might suggest they will give a little more for 25 and out like the 30 and out?From what I am reading, 30 years will go up to $3400/month by 2017. How about 25 years? Right now it is $2000/month. I'm really hoping that increases some also.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
Can someone tell me what % of taxes are taken out of a pension check? I live in Illinois and have about 28% taken out of my income now as a non-retiree.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Can someone tell me what % of taxes are taken out of a pension check? I live in Illinois and have about 28% taken out of my income now as a non-retiree.
It depends on what you put as deductions on your W-4.
No SS or Medicare.
I have 9 on Fed and 4 on State.
Percent taken out is about 10%.

oldngray

nowhere special
Depends on state and local taxes, but far lower percentage since you are "lucky" enough to be in a lower tax bracket. I have about 13% deducted in Ohio but state taxes are probably lower here.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As I get closer to retirement I am going to start looking for a more "pension friendly" state to retire to.
I hear there is a "Bubble of Goodness" in Tennessee and Florida.
In Florida, you would be a Snowbird.
In Tennessee, you would be a Halfback.

Halfback - Florida Snowbirds that move half way back to where they came from.

Tn and NC have a lot of Yankee Floridians moving half way back.

Any town that begins it's sales pitch with, "The real fun starts when the temperature drops below zero." is really not going to be in contention.

I know someone he can room with to save expenses. He'll have to buy his own duct tape and chlorophyll though.