Pension/Retirement date question

brownidgirl

Can anyone give me a definitive answer regarding when new pension rate will go into effect? Would like to retire soon (say October 1st), but would hate to miss out on the extra $175 per month in my pension under the new contract. Do the pension increases go into effect as soon as the contract is ratified? Or do I have to wait until the first of the year? I’ve heard that, but not seen it written in the contract. Thanks for your help!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It looks like you would be eligible for that 175 increase once the entire Contract is ratified…presuming you are a part timer under the Central…

Which could take you well into 2024, depending on how the vote goes.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Can anyone give me a definitive answer regarding when new pension rate will go into effect? Would like to retire soon (say October 1st), but would hate to miss out on the extra $175 per month in my pension under the new contract. Do the pension increases go into effect as soon as the contract is ratified? Or do I have to wait until the first of the year? I’ve heard that, but not seen it written in the contract. Thanks for your help!

How many years you got in girl?

Brownwind

I’m over 35 years in. Just trying to figure out my exit strategy. Would hate to be this close and miss out on this most recent pension increase. Need all the advice I can get, since UPS doesn’t make this easy. Thanks again for all input!
Call your local. They will direct you to your retirement benefit administration.
35 years is amazing. Why would you ever want to leave? Congratulations on your upcoming retirement 👍

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m over 35 years in. Just trying to figure out my exit strategy. Would hate to be this close and miss out on this most recent pension increase. Need all the advice I can get, since UPS doesn’t make this easy. Thanks again for all input!

Talk to your BA or call your union hall

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1703548947901.png