2nd week am I fired?

Listen man facts are UPS is a great job if you don't care to put up with a little BS. Mangers are there to get the most out of you . that's there job! Do your job go home. Weve all missloaded everyday it happenens you cannot keep up with the flow and not missload..

By The Book

Listen man facts are UPS is a great job if you don't care to put up with a little BS. Mangers are there to get the most out of you . that's there job! Do your job go home. Weve all missloaded everyday it happenens you cannot keep up with the flow and not missload..
Yes you can, I know you can, now let's see it. I didn't have a misload every day, come to think of it I don't remember a sup ever saying I had one. I'm not perfect, but maybe I was a better loader than a driver.

So they had me come in today I did a lot better than before and surprisingly even my heckler noticed and complimented me. Hopefully I'm able to keep up the pace. I fall a little behind cause I want to make sure I don't put the wrong packages on the truck and then they send me helpers which makes me nervous cause I don't want them to put the wrong :censored2: on my truck but I know they do it cause they want us off the clock. I've noticed when I talk to the drivers they tell me ways to make it a lot easier to load the truck compared to how sups want me to. I'm starting to get a hang of it just hope my helpers did not :censored2: me again.

By The Book

So they had me come in today I did a lot better than before and surprisingly even my heckler noticed and complimented me. Hopefully I'm able to keep up the pace. I fall a little behind cause I want to make sure I don't put the wrong packages on the truck and then they send me helpers which makes me nervous cause I don't want them to put the wrong :censored2: on my truck but I know they do it cause they want us off the clock. I've noticed when I talk to the drivers they tell me ways to make it a lot easier to load the truck compared to how sups want me to. I'm starting to get a hang of it just hope my helpers did not :censored2: me again.
Hang in there! Sounds a lot better, and yes you will need help sometimes loading out but you need to be in charge of the help so to speak. Give them the instructions.

Hang in there! Sounds a lot better, and yes you will need help sometimes loading out but you need to be in charge of the help so to speak. Give them the instructions.
Ok I will try to do that but one of the people that helps is my supervisor not my main one, not sure what it's called maybe areas supervisor? But yeah she will load sometimes when I am behind I will try to kind of direct her

Edit: I think she is a part time supervisor

By The Book

Ok I will try to do that but one of the people that helps is my supervisor not my main one, not sure what it's called maybe areas supervisor? But yeah she will load sometimes when I am behind I will try to kind of direct her

Just a heads up, when you are a permanent employee the help comes from the hourly. Unless the sup is training you they probably shouldn't be working either.

PT sups are the worse for loading misloads. They don't know the cars as well as the loader and are only concerned about getting the cars wrapped and loader off the clock.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Keep your head up and read the labels. Sometimes it helps to kind of say the car and then place it in there. It's all just practice and repetition. Sometimes you get people who think yelling will scare you into doing your job better. Don't let them get to you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ok so I have been with ups for two weeks now (really a week in a half) and on my second week on Thursday I had my most misload ever 6 mind you I'm new and was only getting 1 or 2 sometimes even 0. Also other people had helpes me load my truck that day as it was my worse day yet and i was stacked out so it might not have even been me that did the misload. So come Friday I am being reamed out for my misloads etc long story short my main manager instead of just telling me to come in Monday for work tells me to call him and that he want me to ask myself if I really want to work at ups. So come Monday I call and he tells me he doesn't need me to call again tomorrow. Am I about to be fired? If not what is going on is this a normal thing for ups?
Another example of the man trying to hold a brother down.

Dr.Brownz

We have to, it's in our contract

what parts of the teamster contract are disscussed in management training?

Probably only the parts that have been proven to be slamdunk monetary grievances is my guess based on how quick every sup and manager I have ever met is so quick to dissmiss black and white violations of contract langauage as "just union stuff" or " making it immpossible to do.my job" ups agreed to it now eat crow

Whats really funny is when they beg drivers not to go "spreading it around" ie telling younger drivers about things they could file on

watdaflock?

Hey thanks for the help everyone. I think you guys are right though I'm just on the bench. Appreciate it. If you could provide any more info or tips I'm all open
If possible, work ahead on the belt. Know what is coming before the packages get there. How many package cars are you loading?
Work ahead on the belt, group packages together.

SLOW DOWN! Focus on zero misloads. If you get flustered and start running around like a chicken with its head cut off, you'll be guaranteed to misload.

watdaflock?

Wth this guy at my hub had 26 misloads one time and he was allowed to become a sup.

Our small hubs record for misloads in a day was held for quite a while by someone who became a PT sup.

A dude that was pulling surepost and loading one PC had nine misloads in a day. He became a PT sup shortly afterwards.
Also to note he's a gun fanatic and part time cop...