3 or 4 yr progression

I do have to clarify, the two cases I remember were guys between the previous contract and the contract previous to that, in other words, 3 year progression versus 2 1/2 year progression. The two guys fought it (well one rode the coattails of the more vociferous one) and won.

That was then and this is now. I don't know if there was a national ruling pertaining to the late ratification of this contract that puts a kibosh on the hopes of the original poster. I can only speak of what happened then.
You are also in local 705 or 710. That's a little bit different than the rest of us. You guys have your own language and a different contract.

hyena

Not what you want it to mean. It was agreed upon that anyone can who started after 7/31/13 would be slotted into the four year progression. I know it's a tough pill to swallow but it is what it is.
I can't accept that , do you have a copy of the old contract? If so look at what that last paragraph says

T

Turdferguson

I don't know how long you have been coming to this forum but for the 6 years I've been a member and the couple years I lurked before that the fighting can break out anywhere and at anytime.
I'll admit that outside of individual contract subjects I haven't hung out much in the union threads.

I can't accept that , do you have a copy of the old contract? If so look at what that last paragraph says
You should grieve it. I know what it says and I know what a sore subject it can be to someone when money is concerned. If you grieve it I'm just saying nothing will come of it. This shouldn't sway you from filing the grievance. Maybe you can get something out of it but I'm betting the only thing you get out of it is experience watching the grievance process work.

hyena

You should grieve it. I know what it says and I know what a sore subject it can be to someone when money is concerned. If you grieve it I'm just saying nothing will come of it. This shouldn't sway you from filing the grievance. Maybe you can get something out of it but I'm betting the only thing you get out of it is experience watching the grievance process work.
When the time comes it will be grieved. I already have experience with the grievance process lol I appreciate your input though @Lead Belly

Last edited:
I will add that I love the site but what it attracts now that another site has been shut down and TDU advertising to come to this site has brought a lot of people here that aren't interested in a cooperative online community.

T

Turdferguson

I spent years here having a great time. Hardly ever coming to the union forums. Once I came to this forum and spent time here it ruined my whole opinion of this site.
Cant tell you how many posts I have written, then thought better of it and deleted because I could see it was going to fire me up. I have taken the stance on here the same as when I was on route No politics and no religion conversations

When the time comes it will be grieved. I already have experience with the grievance process lol I appreciate your input though @Lead Belly
I think someone already said it this thread somewhere that it has already been grieved and a decision has been reached but sometimes it makes people feel better to file on it anyway. Like I said when someone's money is concerned people get irritated.

hyena

I think someone already said it this thread somewhere that it has already been grieved and a decision has been reached but sometimes it makes people feel better to file on it anyway. Like I said when someone's money is concerned people get irritated.
Different grievances have different outcomes as well.

hyena

Not what you want it to mean. It was agreed upon that anyone who started after 7/31/13 would be slotted into the four year progression. I know it's a tough pill to swallow but it is what it is.
You say it was agreed upon. Please enlighten me.