3 Week Old Transfer Instigating 7 Fights in Said Span, Management Seems Unwilling To Address

BilboDearest

Big issue here, I feel. At our HUB, we've got a transfer, he's been with our location for roughly 3 weeks now. In that span, he has instigated/threatened/harassed at least half a dozen people, including trying to start a physical altercation just a few days ago. His list seems to be fueled, in part, by a long-time employee whom he has become close with. Said employee seems to guide him by the nose to conflict that he found slightly-less frequently beforehand. I don't want to give too many details, I don't know who is around these parts.

Regardless, it is an extremely stressful situation for a lot of us, who are uncomfortable being around the person, and don't know who the next person he'll have another blow-up with. Management has been present for several of these exchanges, including his physical attempt to start an altercation, which was averted by several of us having to break into the situation to prevent escalation. Manager did nothing, and has taken no action. Seem to be at a loss. Our steward mentioned if he kept it up, he could end up fired, but that was before the now nearly daily conflict this person is responsible for causing.

What is the best course of action here? I've been with UPS some time, have seen many come and go, have seen trouble makers, but I haven't seen someone get away with as much in as little time as this person. It makes me wonder where my HUB is heading and whether I want to be a part of that ride.

P

pickup

Possible solution: find another a hole that is similar to the a hole you described and provoke an incident with a few choice words that results in a hole 1 and a hole 2 going at each other with full blows with no one stepping in to stop it.

You’ll kill two birds with one stone.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Possible solution: find another a hole that is similar to the a hole you described and provoke an incident with a few choice words that results in a hole 1 and a hole 2 going at each other with full blows with no one stepping in to stop it.

You’ll kill two birds with one stone.
And have your phone ready to video it all...

dudebro

What is the best course of action here? I've been with UPS some time, have seen many come and go, have seen trouble makers, but I haven't seen someone get away with as much in as little time as this person. It makes me wonder where my HUB is heading and whether I want to be a part of that ride.

If you have detailed information like a diary or something on paper, take it straight to HR. If not, document your concerns. Lots of people go to HR to whine about stuff, but presenting an HR sup with a list of documented concerns will be taken more seriously.

It's one thing for a driver not scanning packages to be on working termination through peak, but it's quite another to have a brewing workplace violence issue. Make HR fix it.

BilboDearest

A lot of things get pushed to the back burner until peak is over. We have a driver who can’t seem to stay out of trouble. His most recent screw up has him in a “working termination” until the end of the year. Dude just got back from the panel...

Unfortunately, they're not just buddies, if you catch my drift. That would not work, to my knowledge. :shrug:

BilboDearest

If you have detailed information like a diary or something on paper, take it straight to HR. If not, document your concerns. Lots of people go to HR to whine about stuff, but presenting an HR sup with a list of documented concerns will be taken more seriously.

It's one thing for a driver not scanning packages to be on working termination through peak, but it's quite another to have a brewing workplace violence issue. Make HR fix it.

I've considered it, but my biggest concern is things getting spun back into my lap. One of these people was a steward about eight years ago, to my knowledge. I'm sure they know the ins and outs of what they can reasonably pull/get out of.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Big issue here, I feel. At our HUB, we've got a transfer, he's been with our location for roughly 3 weeks now. In that span, he has instigated/threatened/harassed at least half a dozen people, including trying to start a physical altercation just a few days ago. His list seems to be fueled, in part, by a long-time employee whom he has become close with. Said employee seems to guide him by the nose to conflict that he found slightly-less frequently beforehand. I don't want to give too many details, I don't know who is around these parts.

Regardless, it is an extremely stressful situation for a lot of us, who are uncomfortable being around the person, and don't know who the next person he'll have another blow-up with. Management has been present for several of these exchanges, including his physical attempt to start an altercation, which was averted by several of us having to break into the situation to prevent escalation. Manager did nothing, and has taken no action. Seem to be at a loss. Our steward mentioned if he kept it up, he could end up fired, but that was before the now nearly daily conflict this person is responsible for causing.

A sock full of bar soap in the parking lot should cool his jets a bit

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
After the incident awhile back, UPS will not hesitate to take action.

Mention to management that you believe this situation is dangerous and if they do not address it immediately you will take your concerns to Atlanta.

Look, right now all hell is getting ready to bust lose with peak. Management on the ground have their plates full and then some with peak plans. More than likely they are not aware of the seriousness of what you are describing. They are like us, trying to get through 1 sort at a time. They are businessmen and women. Remove the passion, present your case straightforward and factually based and they will address the problem!

No matter how much we get pissed at work, everyone in the same building is in this together and I doubt management wants to be shot any less than we do!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Mention to management that you believe this situation is dangerous and if they do not address it immediately you will take your concerns to Atlanta.

Look, right now all hell is getting ready to bust lose with peak. Management on the ground have their plates full and then some with peak plans. More than likely they are not aware of the seriousness of what you are describing. They are like us, trying to get through 1 sort at a time. They are businessmen and women. Remove the passion, present your case straightforward and factually based and they will address the problem!

No matter how much we get :censored2: at work, everyone in the same building is in this together and I doubt management wants to be shot any less than we do!

“Businessmen”

Lmao

You must be new here

over9five

Staff member

This^^^^
Don't forget to mention we're supposed to have a zero tolerance policy for that kind of behavior.

BilboDearest

No matter how much we get :censored2: at work, everyone in the same building is in this together and I doubt management wants to be shot any less than we do!

Management has been thoroughly involved along the way, however there hasn't been much progress. The couple in question is actually a couple, and they are allowed to work together, at all times, despite the escalation of things. The main one in question was sat down with union reps yesterday, and yet today the other person was throwing packages [from smalls AIR bags] at me and shouting things to try and provoke a reaction. After keeping my composure and enduring 20 minutes of this, I reported it to my steward, and then we spoke with our manager (the second highest up in the HUB, to my knowledge). The sentiment seemed to be, they don't know what to do, and they're trying to do SOMETHING.

Apparently, this is a repeat for one of the two, and the other has a continuing record with the company that they were warned about when said person transferred a month ago. And yet, even while being goaded, provoked, harassed and (attempted) assaulted, no action seems forthcoming.