30 day qualification advice

Tom Jefferson

hey guys, I start my 30 day cover driver position on this coming Tuesday. I am a little nervous but determined more than anything. I am currently local sort and I am probably one of the best amongst a few others (loader/air) so I am use to working hard. however, I know driving is a bit different. I need all the advice I can get to qualify during my 30 day. luckily, it's the center that I wanted and my seniority isn't like any years or anything. they're pretty cool over there but cool doesn't get you qualifying. any advice on my packet guys?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
hey guys, I start my 30 day cover driver position on this coming Tuesday. I am a little nervous but determined more than anything. I am currently local sort and I am probably one of the best amongst a few others (loader/air) so I am use to working hard. however, I know driving is a bit different. I need all the advice I can get to qualify during my 30 day. luckily, it's the center that I wanted and my seniority isn't like any years or anything. they're pretty cool over there but cool doesn't get you qualifying. any advice on my packet guys?

you were the hardest worker on your sort weren’t you

I can just tell

542thruNthru

training route manifest

542thruNthru

My first 5 seconds on Browncafe I knew better then to ask you :censored2:s anything. Lol. I also knew what a magnifying glass icon was for and how to ise it

Everyone can ask questions and they'll get answered but this isn't wikipedia. So people need to learn to deal with smart ass remarks and stop crying about it so much.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
DO AS YOU ARE TOLD.
DO AS YOU ARE TOLD.
DO AS YOU ARE TOLD.
Yes, you will have to forget everything you learned on the inside, because none of it matters anymore.
You will be using a complete different sets of muscles, so expect some pain.
Expect to have a nervous breakdown if not daily then at least once a week.

And never, never, never ask any one on this board about socks.

SLW

Asking people who've actually run your particular route before is your absolute best bet. You'll probably get conflicting advice, too. Try everything, check your numbers, and see what works. Do a search on here for the more general stuff.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Asking people who've actually run your particular route before is your absolute best bet. You'll probably get conflicting advice, too. Try everything, check your numbers, and see what works. Do a search on here for the more general stuff.
See if the office staff can print out for you the last run of the route, study it, map it out and see if you can do ( on your own time ) a dry run. Get to know the traffic pattern ; one ways, places where parking is limited, and what places get crowded.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
tenor (4).gif

Atleast you have the opportunity to qualify. I started in Oct and according to management I still haven’t qualified yet because peak didn’t count towards qualification. Worked peak season and now I been in the hub since Jan 15

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
What's your time frame? I got a map book and multiple training route printouts since the last time. It's different everywhere: scoping out every stop early (even as early as 5AM in the city, to keep the traffic down) with that list of stops is your best bet. It's better not to be worrying about directions when you have some :censored2:ty ORS in your jump seat.
Everything else has been covered, it will click after week 1/2 and then RUN RUN RUN.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Run and gun brother! DR-mailbox!

RolloTony Brown Town

Don’t suck. Don’t hit things. Deliver everything on time. Scan every package. Hurry up.