30 day qualifying

BriGuy

I am still a casual but my on-road sup told me that the center mgr is considering offering me seniority, so he took me out on a blind route and he drove the whole time. I didn’t know he was actually observing me, just thought he was showing me some new areas. The next day he sat down with me and went over “the observation” and one of the big things he pointedly out was that I wasn’t keeping my next steps lined up, but I wasn’t even driving nor did I have full access to the diad the whole time. I’m hoping it didn’t hurt me. I almost feel like he doesn’t agree with the center mgr but I might just be letting it all get to my head. I started during last peak and was brought back on 6/1, and have been consistently scratching my “normal” route and have been thrown on a few routes blind and finished 45-60 mins over.

KoennenTiger

I am still a casual but my on-road sup told me that the center mgr is considering offering me seniority, so he took me out on a blind route and he drove the whole time. I didn’t know he was actually observing me, just thought he was showing me some new areas. The next day he sat down with me and went over “the observation” and one of the big things he pointedly out was that I wasn’t keeping my next steps lined up, but I wasn’t even driving nor did I have full access to the diad the whole time. I’m hoping it didn’t hurt me. I almost feel like he doesn’t agree with the center mgr but I might just be letting it all get to my head. I started during last peak and was brought back on 6/1, and have been consistently scratching my “normal” route and have been thrown on a few routes blind and finished 45-60 mins over.

It's simply good methods to always be sorting your truck and always be moving boxes forward. That's just good methods.

Worry less. If you know which direction is north, which is east, west, and north again you're already smarter than the guys who don't even know how to use the internet.

The most important things to qualify are simple. Do not have an accident. Do not have an injury. Do not have any late air at all period unless you are running straight air and never sheet a single ground. Never ever ever ever have a late saver.

Do those things and then just show improvement and be open to learning good methods. Really learn those methods over years of driving they become second nature you do them by habit. Once every five years or so out of nowhere one of those deeply ingrained methods will keep you out of a tier 3 accident. They'll keep you from hitting a bike.

Seriously learn them and use them from the start. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast but only if you're using the methods.

You'll see guys talk a lot of :censored2: around here but the methods are legit. Save your knees with the methods, save your back, avoid crashes, and work smooth.

trickpony1

...and never know what could come up so knowing it does count might be helpful later .

Like I said before....
write everything down in your notebook at home.
If you're only three days into your 30 you should be able to remember the first two days.

This is important.