30 Marines, 1 Sailor Die in Helicopter Crash

bbsam

Staff member

CAMP FALLUJAH, Iraq (NNS) -- Thirty Marines and one Sailor from the 1st Marine Division and the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing of the I Marine Expeditionary Force died Jan. 26 when their CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter crashed near Ar Rutbah in the Al Anbar Province while conducting security and stabilization operations.

All Marines, Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen of the I Marine Expeditionary Force mourn the tragic loss of our brothers in arms.

A recovery team is at the crash site, and the cause of the crash is currently under investigation.

The names of the deceased are being withheld pending next of kin notification.

"While we mourn the loss of these heroes, we will honor their sacrifice by continuing our mission to bring democracy to the people of Iraq," said Marine Lt. Gen. John friend. Sattler, commanding general, I Marine Expeditionary Force. "To the families of these brave men, our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to you at this most difficult of times."

Will this get 8 pages ? Will the News , TMZ or even a public paper report it?
Sad , RIP heros
That’s a lot of seamen.

vantexan

Hard leftists in the Kobe’s dead thread:

“Nice to know you pathetic trolls feel comfort in knowing 9 lives were lost today. #true colors.......”

Hard leftists in a 31 military members dead thread:

“Haha, seamen!”
With the exception of people like Hitler, murderers, child molesters, etc, I don't know how anyone can rejoice in someone's untimely, tragic death. Kobe Bryant was famous so of course his death got much more attention than others onboard. Doesn't mean they aren't mourned any less by family and friends. Only that they are known by a lot less people. But it's strange how people direct anger towards a guy who's only real crime was being rich and famous. They say they don't care for sports but then go off on the guy because he played a sport and got rich at it. Let's face it, there are a lot of people who are full of anger and resentment because somebody else is having what they perceive to be a much better life. It's a major driver of identity politics.

Indecisi0n

With the exception of people like Hitler, murderers, child molesters, etc, I don't know how anyone can rejoice in someone's untimely, tragic death. Kobe Bryant was famous so of course his death got much more attention than others onboard. Doesn't mean they aren't mourned any less by family and friends. Only that they are known by a lot less people. But it's strange how people direct anger towards a guy who's only real crime was being rich and famous. They say they don't care for sports but then go off on the guy because he played a sport and got rich at it. Let's face it, there are a lot of people who are full of anger and resentment because somebody else is having what they perceive to be a much better life. It's a major driver of identity politics.
How are you not banned yet ?

bbsam

Staff member
Hard leftists in the Kobe’s dead thread:

“Nice to know you pathetic trolls feel comfort in knowing 9 lives were lost today. #true colors.......”

Hard leftists in a 31 military members dead thread:

“Haha, seamen!”
Hey. I’m a funny guy.

Poop Head

Judge me.
With the exception of people like Hitler, murderers, child molesters, etc, I don't know how anyone can rejoice in someone's untimely, tragic death.
How do you know Hitler rejoiced. How do you know he was not heart broken over the ways things unfolded?

You don't. Nobody does. A shame, if there ever was one

Box Ox

How do you know Hitler rejoiced. How do you know he was not heart broken over the ways things unfolded?

Pretty sure Hitler’s actual actions matter a lot more than whether they made him sad or not.

Box Ox

And by the way: Pretty sure Hitler was like “Yay, GG guys! Let’s see if we can find a way to kill even more Jews!” when told about the concentration camp gas chambers.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

CAMP FALLUJAH, Iraq (NNS) -- Thirty Marines and one Sailor from the 1st Marine Division and the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing of the I Marine Expeditionary Force died Jan. 26 when their CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter crashed near Ar Rutbah in the Al Anbar Province while conducting security and stabilization operations.

All Marines, Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen of the I Marine Expeditionary Force mourn the tragic loss of our brothers in arms.

A recovery team is at the crash site, and the cause of the crash is currently under investigation.

The names of the deceased are being withheld pending next of kin notification.

"While we mourn the loss of these heroes, we will honor their sacrifice by continuing our mission to bring democracy to the people of Iraq," said Marine Lt. Gen. John friend. Sattler, commanding general, I Marine Expeditionary Force. "To the families of these brave men, our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to you at this most difficult of times."

Will this get 8 pages ? Will the News , TMZ or even a public paper report it?
Sad , RIP heros
@MAKAVELI and @tonyexpress are too torn up over Kobe to acknowledge a bunch of nobodies. :devil3:

Hard to believe that was 15 years ago ... seems like 5 or so.