340 methods training

Boss1108

At my center, management has been telling some drivers to punch in 15 minutes earlier for “340 methods training “. It’s always the drivers who are over allowed. Is this happening anywhere else?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
At my center, management has been telling some drivers to punch in 15 minutes earlier for “340 methods training “. It’s always the drivers who are over allowed. Is this happening anywhere else?

Yep. They are supposed to put everyone through the training or harassment grievances will start pouring in. They told us it was specifically for over-allowed drivers, I mentioned that to my BA, next thing I hear is everyone will be getting the training.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I filed the grievance to stop it. The next day the center manager said that he “wouldn’t have time to do the training anymore “.
Weird how that happens right? A few months ago our supervisors started doing "safety" rides to make sure drivers were following the methods. Turns out only the most over allowed drivers were getting these rides so a grievance was filed. The rides stopped instantly.

542thruNthru

It's now being used when writing drivers up for fair days work/pay in my area.

"You demonstrated you know the methods and can use them."

Hasn't went to far yet but yeah its BS.

Rack em

Made the Podium
It's now being used when writing drivers up for fair days work/pay in my area.

"You demonstrated you know the methods and can use them."

Hasn't went to far yet but yeah its BS.
That's when you follow the methods 100%! When you only get 100 stops done in 14 hours they can't say anything to you because you followed all the methods per their request. Can't find a safe parking spot on a block because there are too many driveways posing potential risks? Park a block away and cart the stop off. Rinse and repeat as needed and the enforcement of methods will go away real :censored2:ing fast!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That's when you follow the methods 100%! When you only get 100 stops done in 14 hours they can't say anything to you because you followed all the methods per their request. Can't find a safe parking spot on a block because there are too many driveways posing potential risks? Park a block away and cart the stop off. Rinse and repeat as needed and the enforcement of methods will go away real :censored2:ing fast!

Yeah, they try to tie methods to productivity, like if you follow the methods your productivity should increase. Sorry, it don't work that way. Which takes longer, throwing a package at the door from the sidewalk or doing a proper DR?

allahuakbar

She/Her
Weird how that happens right? A few months ago our supervisors started doing "safety" rides to make sure drivers were following the methods. Turns out only the most over allowed drivers were getting these rides so a grievance was filed. The rides stopped instantly.
Our district manager was riding the most overallowed drivers every week for about a month. It was pretty funny.

They all suddenly scratched

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah pretty much. They timed everything here. Which none of the methods have a time to them. They are a specific method. Not do in x amount of seconds. So they got a load of production harassment grievances.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Our district manager was riding the most overallowed drivers every week for about a month. It was pretty funny.

They all suddenly scratched
They screwed up then. Anytime a supervisor rides with me I follow the methods as much as I can and make damn sure I am over allowed more than I usually am. A few weeks ago a supervisor had to ride with me 2 days because he had to learn my route (training route) so he could train a new driver. I used walk paths every single time and came in over 9.5 hours both days when normally I would have been under doing my usual thing. I make it a point to have worse numbers anytime a supervisor rides with me just so they can't try and say that when someone is watching, my "numbers" are better. Following orion 100% and not doing residential backs is the easily the best tool we can use against the company lol. Sometimes I have to drive an extra 2 blocks to avoid backing due to how bad orion is.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Meaning they fixed their terrible allowances on their end? Or the drivers started running/gunning?
Right they can change the numbers anytime they want.

Also as a cover driver it just cracks me up. One week I’m 1.5 over on average. The next week I’m .2 over on average. Do they really think I’m working different week to week? Or ya know maybe the allowances are totally different.

8000Shelf

Right they can change the numbers anytime they want.

Also as a cover driver it just cracks me up. One week I’m 1.5 over on average. The next week I’m .2 over on average. Do they really think I’m working different week to week? Or ya know maybe the allowances are totally different.
I've noticed whenever I have a verbal altercation with a sup my over allowed is better with the exact same dispatch. It's like they want to prove if they piss us off we work faster. I assure you it does not

Thegameisrigged

Orion tosses those methods out the window. There is no way those methods could be effective if they’re jumbling up the HIN order.

MrBates

They screwed up then. Anytime a supervisor rides with me I follow the methods as much as I can and make damn sure I am over allowed more than I usually am. A few weeks ago a supervisor had to ride with me 2 days because he had to learn my route (training route) so he could train a new driver. I used walk paths every single time and came in over 9.5 hours both days when normally I would have been under doing my usual thing. I make it a point to have worse numbers anytime a supervisor rides with me just so they can't try and say that when someone is watching, my "numbers" are better. Following orion 100% and not doing residential backs is the easily the best tool we can use against the company lol. Sometimes I have to drive an extra 2 blocks to avoid backing due to how bad orion is.

I also love running straight air and then going back to deliver the ground. Don't want any lates. Guaranteed 9.5 overage every time.