340 Methods

NHDRVR

Just a general thought on the whole methods thing...

It was never mentioned to me when I started, nor have I ever heard, that there were '340' methods. I am not calling anyone out on this, it's just that the number seems so arbitrary for the following reason...

When we are OJS'd, how often does a supervisor tell you to do something contrary to a previous supervisor??

Happens all the time. We have one On-road in our center who makes things up as he goes along. He told one driver to do the post-trip at his last stop and another on his return to the building and another while he was gassing up.

ZERO CONSISTENCY...That should be under the UPS shield...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
340 is not the number of methods.

It's like a chapter in the method book.

TBH there may be more than 340 methods in this thing.
:biting:

76 pages
18 "sections"
118 topics ( I counted)
probably 500-1000 actual methods in the topics, guess because it'd take me 15 minutes to count them all.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I know this is bait but you do realize this thread is now a teenager right?

If anything, reading through old posts, it demostrates just how difficult it is these days to get updated IE methods manuals as an hourly employee.
All the SPM's are still on iGate where they've been for years, and still updated, it's just less and less ops sups know about them

the support people that would teach and distribute this info were "non essential" in the eyes of the Corp illuminati and many clueless hourlies on this board

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
All the SPM's are still on iGate where they've been for years, and still updated, it's just less and less ops sups know about them

the support people that would teach and distribute this info were "non essential" in the eyes of the Corp illuminati and many clueless hourlies on this board
Sounds like another excuse from i.e.
Excuses not gonna cut it with Carol at the helm