$4.06 A Gallon

UPS Lifer

When I got to Maui back on Feb 16th, premium was already at $4.08 now it is $4.14. Once I saw that, i figured it was a matter of time for the mainland. I found out that San mateo California is paying $4.58 a gallon! When will we get to a point that this nonsense stops! Some how we need to eliminate our dependance on foreign oil.

rod

Retired 22 years
! Some how we need to eliminate our dependance on foreign oil.
As long as the American oil companys are allowed to make record billions of dollars a quarter in profits and then are not allowed to explore for new oil reserves (thank you tree huggers) we will never elimate our dependence on foreign oil. Hang on folks- the economy is only going to get worse. I know I sure wouldn't want to try to raise a family on what the average Joe Schmuck makes working a Wally World. Your living in a real fantasy world if you think some new cheap fuel (hydrogen, E-85, electcic hybred or any other 'miracle" fuel) will save us anytime in the near future. There are going to be and awful lot of motorhomes, boats and V-8 pickups sitting in the back yard for sale CHEAP. :grounch_day:

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Diesel was 3.85 a gallon here when I filled up the P700 tonite. We just bought the wife a new car. I begged her to get the 4 cylinder but she just knew she had to have the V6. After owning it for a few months now I think she wished she had gotten the 4 cylinder. Just glad I didn't listen to her last year when she thought she had to have the big V8 Yukon.

rod

Retired 22 years
Diesel was 3.85 a gallon here when I filled up the P700 tonite. We just bought the wife a new car. I begged her to get the 4 cylinder but she just knew she had to have the V6. After owning it for a few months now I think she wished she had gotten the 4 cylinder. Just glad I didn't listen to her last year when she thought she had to have the big V8 Yukon.
How come after awhile we guys just get tired of trying to talk some sence into the wives and just give up and let them have their way. It's no wonder why we drink like we do:wink2:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
At 2:30 I made a comment to a customer that fuel was at 3.99 and tomorrow should be over 4. Little did I know it would go up 7 cents 2 1/2 hours later.

tieguy

Banned
Filled the ole P10 up today with diesel. First time in my life I saw 4 bucks a gallon. Can you say "surcharge".

Many years ago someone tried to organize a boycot of exxon. I haven't bought from exxon since. Makes me sick to hear the profits those companies make. Meanwhile our president and congress keep telling us there is no gouging going on.

We need to follow Brazils lead and completely switch to ethanol. They made the move while we keep making excuses.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Brazil is overrun with sugar cane fields. Thus making ethanol was a bonus for them. They had all this waste product available .
We on the other hand are not using a waste product, but a food source for ethanol production.
The tax credits for making ethanol has dropped thus plants in development will not be built.
Current vehicles will need complete gasket replacements to convert to E85 or biofuel usage.
There is no quick answer to our energy problems. Other than we completely stop using oil.
Just try to remember that half of the cost of oil has nothing to due with demand & supply, its about political unrest.

FAVREFAN

Many years ago someone tried to organize a boycot of exxon. I haven't bought from exxon since. Makes me sick to hear the profits those companies make. Meanwhile our president and congress keep telling us there is no gouging going on.

We need to follow Brazils lead and completely switch to ethanol. They made the move while we keep making excuses.
Also tie......what the E85 guys won't tell you is that a gallon of E85 only goes about 84-86% of the distance that a gallon of gasoline will. Not sure by you, but around here it costs much more too. Corn based ethanol isn't a whole lot cleaner than gasoline either(co2's). Switchgrass is much better but much higher cost to produce currently.
Regular gas is $3.399 here today.

FAVREFAN

Hydrogen fuel cells are the Holy Grail for the auto industry. BMW and Honda both have ultra advanced beautiful fuel cell cars on the road. Key is getting the cost down. They're getting there.
I get pissed when I hear about people wanting to spend money to go and find more oil fields. If we put that money into the coming hydrogen infrastructure now, we could begin weaning ourselves off oil starting today. We cannot keep up with China's coming demand no matter how much more oil we find. They are drawing more of the world's supply by the day.

terrymac

years ago in the early seventies , we experienced an oil embargo, a fuel shortage, odd/ even days to buy fuel. 50 cents or so a gallon. The gov. encouraged conservation, even ads on tv. Now thirty five years later, all the fuel you want, but its close to four dollars a gallon, no ads on tv claiming we have a crisis, to consurve energy,,, go buy a hummer, keep the economy going,, why didnt someone in the auto industry stop for a moment and "think ahead"...sorry for rambling.. ethonal seems to be the new money pit, billions of dollars going into interstructure of manufacturing sites that will not go through existing pipe lines, poor cost effectiveness, drying out aquifers, basically trading food for entergy at a loss.. I see big changes coming, and it doesnt look good.

Pollocknbrown

Hydrogen fuel cells are the Holy Grail for the auto industry. BMW and Honda both have ultra advanced beautiful fuel cell cars on the road. Key is getting the cost down. They're getting there.
I get pissed when I hear about people wanting to spend money to go and find more oil fields. If we put that money into the coming hydrogen infrastructure now, we could begin weaning ourselves off oil starting today. We cannot keep up with China's coming demand no matter how much more oil we find. They are drawing more of the world's supply by the day.

Damn Commies hahaha.:surprised: I wonder if they drive over there as bad as they do here (sorry if this offends anyone), i hate when canadian shoppers come over to the malls here and CANNOT DRIVE. i like them spending their $ here helps the economy and keep my taxes low but for god sakes, take a lesson or two.

terrymac

ps Ive got a 06 vw jetta TDI diesel....I get over 40 mpg , 50 if I drive very carefully... If everybody got twice the mileage, we would use half as much..

Pollocknbrown

40MPG may be great, but in a snowstorm up here that 40 will quickly drop to 0 when your stuck and trying to keep warm by running the engine, granted yes SUVs/ pickups can go off road too but they have a higher clearance and a better chance to make it if driven by someone who isnt driving around blind to the elements around them. or drunk.

Also tie......what the E85 guys won't tell you is that a gallon of E85 only goes about 84-86% of the distance that a gallon of gasoline will. Not sure by you, but around here it costs much more too. Corn based ethanol isn't a whole lot cleaner than gasoline either(co2's). Switchgrass is much better but much higher cost to produce currently.
Regular gas is $3.399 here today.
I read the other day that it takes three gallons of water to produce one gallon of corn gas. This time I would rather drink than drive.