4 days to go

MAKAVELI

Yep, the Mercedes ones are single rear wheel and the Dodge ones are duals with factory radios/CD players!!
I believe the dually was an option for the 2500 and 3500. Express used the 1500 Dodge with no radio and no option to turn off ASR, which was a POS traction control system. The newer Mercedes are bigger and ride a lot better but are gutless.

outtatime

I
I've been driving one the isuzus (we call them a reach but I don't know if that's just specific to my station) since peak started and it's like those things have no suspension at all. Even just cruising through nice developments every bump shakes the entire truck.

Good thing I'm running a split resi overflow route, guaranteed to be busting my ass this week
I've heard that the Isuzu's were not working out as well as they hoped so no more will be purchased and they will be going with something different. Maybe back to some new 700's? The 700 is the best truck to work out of in my opinion.

McFeely

Huge Member
I put about 45k miles on one of the Isuzus on a rural route in about 1.5 years. In that time, I went through 4 sets of brakes and completely blew up the rear differential. The mechanic didn't tell me exactly what happened on the rear end, but I think the ring and pinion was totally shot. Certainly not a cost-effective vehicle if that's how much maintenance they require.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I put about 45k miles on one of the Isuzus on a rural route in about 1.5 years. In that time, I went through 4 sets of brakes and completely blew up the rear differential. The mechanic didn't tell me exactly what happened on the rear end, but I think the ring and pinion was totally shot.
Wow!....if that happened at my location they'd be taking a long hard look at the driver.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I know the mechanics at our station have Fords on their Christmas wish list. I used a Ford Transit while my Sprinter was in the shop, and would happily agree to a permanent replacement. Fast, sharp turning radius, responsive, and excellent brakes. Actually finished my route 20-30 minutes faster because of the truck.

Purplepackage

I know the mechanics at our station have Fords on their Christmas wish list. I used a Ford Transit while my Sprinter was in the shop, and would happily agree to a permanent replacement. Fast, sharp turning radius, responsive, and excellent brakes. Actually finished my route 20-30 minutes faster because of the truck.

I can't stand trying to park the new or old sprinters. The reach trucks suck but at least they turn, you could never move a sprinter around a pack station like you can a 700

Slick silver

Even though the topic was derailed.... I was wondering why I haven't seen anymore of the izuzus being bought. We had one that was going down the highway and the sheet metal on the driver door ripped off

Purplepackage

Even though the topic was derailed.... I was wondering why I haven't seen anymore of the izuzus being bought. We had one that was going down the highway and the sheet metal on the driver door ripped off

I can see that happening, sometimes when someone passes you it sounds like the whole truck will fall apart

outtatime

I think they are going to start buying the 700's again. They are proven to be reliable, durable and last for a long time. The Isuzu's are a joke; no suspension, are horrible in snow and rain, tiny fuel tank etc.

bacha29

Ihave been told by X drivers how bad those Isuzu's are. Everything that has already been mentioned, alternators, brake seals, calipers and it's a common place occurance sometimes it happens the first day they are taken out. Too light, too underpowered. Might be ok in downtown Hiroshima.

El Morado Diablo

Ihave been told by X drivers how bad those Isuzu's are. Everything that has already been mentioned, alternators, brake seals, calipers and it's a common place occurance sometimes it happens the first day they are taken out. Too light, too underpowered. Might be ok in downtown Hiroshima.

We've had the brakes completely fall apart and off the Isuzu's while being driven. They are absolutely worthless.

dex 84

I've been driving one the isuzus (we call them a reach but I don't know if that's just specific to my station) since peak started and it's like those things have no suspension at all. Even just cruising through nice developments every bump shakes the entire truck.

Good thing I'm running a split resi overflow route, guaranteed to be busting my ass this week

Going over speed bumps in that truck is the worst, especially if you don't slow down.

On the plus side though it sounds like a tie fighter when you let off the gas...