40 hr guarentee question

Brownpants80

If I come in, and work an hour and a half driving, and then go back for the next truck and they send me home because theres no other bulk stops do I get paid for the hour and a half or the 8 hour guarantee?

CoolStoryBro

If I come in, and work an hour and a half driving, and then go back for the next truck and they send me home because theres no other bulk stops do I get paid for the hour and a half or the 8 hour guarantee?

What job do you perform? Are you full time? Did you ask for your full 8 hour? Management will say you voluntarily went home, thus not paying you for 8. Speak up for yourself. Tell them you want your full 8 hours. If you are entitled to it.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Did they ask you or tell you to go home? You can go on Upsers and see if they 05ed you or left it 06.

Brownpants80

I'm a FT driver. 2 years in. Central supp. And no when I got back they just said "alright u can go home because theres really nothing left today". Typically I have a full 5 days, and If i do go home any other day when its light it's my choice to not bump someone beneath me. But last week was different. I dont understand the 8 hour bc I've never had to look into it.

Brownpants80

But basically you have to request your 8 hour in order to get a guarentee? My paycheck usually has a small amount of guarentee pay. Sometimes it's like a half hour or smaller. Never thought about it till the 1.5 hr day last week.

CoolStoryBro

But basically you have to request your 8 hour in order to get a guarentee? My paycheck usually has a small amount of guarentee pay. Sometimes it's like a half hour or smaller. Never thought about it till the 1.5 hr day last week.

They will not pay your 8 for your 1.5 hours of work. They will say you went home voluntarily. That will allow them to code 05 you and pay you only 1.5 hours. You need to speek up and say NOPE I want 8 hours. Or code 6 me and let me go home.

If you believe they are instructing you to go home then you need to ask if it's code 05 or code 06. And let them know you want code 06.

You have to talk.

JustDeliverIt

Usually, if you work 7.5 or so in a day, they just pay you the guarantee for the little bit of time. If they sent you home after only 1.5, you might want to cover yourself next time this happens and say something like "I still get my guarantee, right?". Let them know you expect 8 hours of pay. But as someone else said, log into upsers and check you timecard. It will be right on there.

lolbr

I'm a FT driver. 2 years in. Central supp. And no when I got back they just said "alright u can go home because theres really nothing left today". Typically I have a full 5 days, and If i do go home any other day when its light it's my choice to not bump someone beneath me. But last week was different. I dont understand the 8 hour bc I've never had to look into it.
They said you "can" go home. You needed to say that you want your 8 hours. If you just clock out and leave, you're volunteering to go home without the 8 hour guarantee.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
40 hr guarentee question

Given that you can't spell "guarantee", I think it's safe to say you won't be seeing any of that extra money, and UPS is going to win this one.

Don't ever volunteer to leave early, in future. They need your consent, to screw you.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
Also depends on your Local. In Southern only top 90% get 8 hours fo sho. Also that is before Denise Taylor screwed us with the whole when work is available.

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-29_23-3-31.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-29_23-3-31.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 175