Extended Area routes to run only 3 days per week?

Coldworld

And lunch during a contractual hour. The only dispatch tools at your disposal. So many guys taking lunch at the building at the end because "I have too much business, there's no way I'd get it all done if I took lunch." Or because "I have to get the pickups back before cutoff." Yeah, no kidding you morons. You would have an hour less work if you followed the contract.
If you could break down every driver who works faster than they need to or off the clock and add that time up over a month and the amount brown is saving is astronomical.

PreTrippin’

Can’t even pretrip
I'm assuming he's talking about this language...
View attachment 491715

But that language wouldn't pertain to this situation. Because the route isn't still in but missing over 50% of its work. It's been temporarily eliminated. So it would fall under this language in my opinion.
View attachment 491716

The select Walmart meat is messing up his brain.
You don’t know what you’re talking about.

PreTrippin’

Can’t even pretrip
I'm assuming he's talking about this language...
View attachment 491715

But that language wouldn't pertain to this situation. Because the route isn't still in but missing over 50% of its work. It's been temporarily eliminated. So it would fall under this language in my opinion.
View attachment 491716

The select Walmart meat is messing up his brain.
I had to use a calculator but turns out that 100% is more than 50%. Both those paragraphs apply and say the same thing except the western supp added option 3. We’ve been using it successfully since January.

And Walmart has good meat now it comes in black packages!!!

542thruNthru

I had to use a calculator but turns out that 100% is more than 50%. Both those paragraphs apply and say the same thing except the western supp added option 3. We’ve been using it successfully since January.

And Walmart has good meat now it comes in black packages!!!
Lol,

The key words here are "changed" and "eliminated".

If the route, let's say 10C is in and more than 50% of its work is moved to a different route than the West language would apply. Thats because the route has been "changed" by over 50%.

If 10C is not in that means it's been "eliminated". So the Southwest language would apply.

Contract interpretation is very difficult so don't be hard on yourself. If you're getting away with it then great! Though I wouldn't count on it always being that way. Especially once grievances start flying for high seniority members not being allowed to go home before lower members. :)

Last edited:

BlackCat

Lol,

The key words here are "changed" and "eliminated".

If the route, let's say 10C is in and more than 50% of its work is moved to a different route than the West language would apply. Thats because the route has been "changed" by over 50%.

If 10C is not in that means it's been "eliminated". So the Southwest language would apply.

Contract interpretation is very difficult so don't be hard on yourself. If you're getting away with it then great! Though I wouldn't count on it always being that way. Especially once grievances start flying for high seniority members not being allowed to go home before lower members. :)
That’s kind of where I was going with it..

For some, they potentially would have bid on a route if they knew they we’re guaranteed a day off during the week.

I personally have passed on routes because the route was cut during the week and the driver was forced to swing.

Sporhwhore

That’s kind of where I was going with it..

For some, they potentially would have bid on a route if they knew they we’re guaranteed a day off during the week.

I personally have passed on routes because the route was cut during the week and the driver was forced to swing.
That’s exactly what happened at my old hub ( they would bid a route knowing most Mondays would be dead days)…. My new hub the driver that previously had Mondays off now covers on Mondays and we’re talking 15-30 year drivers… I bid my route simply because it runs m-friend and never changes too much except Monday the area is huge and it gets smaller every day after except Fridays sometimes when we have 25% call offs fmla and such

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm sure you always put "them" in their place. I know that you scare me...
IMG_7840.gif