401 k checks

petew

Has anyone experienced very late 401k checks.Normally take 5 days.Its been 2 weeks. called and they the check is still active.If I cancel and reissue it will take two weeks or more,What should I do?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Why would you be getting a check from a 401k?
I have requested checks from my 401K many times.
All have arrived on time.
I bought myself some toys with the funds, I had a long work life and wanted to enjoy my retirement while I'm still young.

Taxes; between Fed & State withheld & the $10 Fee, I get only 0.749% of the amount I asked for.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have requested checks from my 401K many times.
All have arrived on time.
I bought myself some toys with the funds, I had a long work life and wanted to enjoy my retirement while I'm still young.

Taxes; between Fed & State withheld & the $10 Fee, I get only 0.749% of the amount I asked for.
I converted my 401k into an IRA when I retired but haven't tapped any of that money yet. My first option would be to get money from non retirement investments that wouldn't take a tax hit. Eventually I will need to start taking money from the IRA but I'm letting it ride for as long as possible.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I converted my 401k into an IRA when I retired but haven't tapped any of that money yet. My first option would be to get money from non retirement investments that wouldn't take a tax hit. Eventually I will need to start taking money from the IRA but I'm letting it ride for as long as possible.
I don't plan on having the nursing homes get my 401K funds.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My balance was flat during his Admin , it has really taken off under Trump.
If your balance was flat under Obama you must have made some pretty awful investment decisions, most folks made a lot of money. Trump's first year was gangbusters but at this point the market has essentially been flat since since Jan of 18, going on 20 months.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I've taken money out of my 401k 3 times. Got it with a week each time. I asked them why they didn't offer electronic transfer options, and the guy told me it was for security reasons.