45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul

brett636

And remember, net profits ! After all expentures, bonuses, new buildings, sponsorship, advertising, etc.

So your saying an expansion of government that would take over 1/6th of our economy(larger than the entire GDP of Canada) would not require education, new buildings, new employees, etc.? In the U.K. system they have more plan administrators than they do doctors! The U.K.'s National health system is the largest employer in the country! I can only imagine how massive it would be here if a similar program were instituted.

fact check

So your saying an expansion of government that would take over 1/6th of our economy(larger than the entire GDP of Canada) would not require education, new buildings, new employees, etc.? In the U.K. system they have more plan administrators than they do doctors! The U.K.'s National health system is the largest employer in the country! I can only imagine how massive it would be here if a similar program were instituted.

The US government is already the country's largest employer, and that's not counting the Post Office or the military.

So you are saying that if we instituted a similar plan (which is not even being discussed), we would have an unprecedented building and hiring boom?

Great. We could use it.

brett636

The US government is already the country's largest employer, and that's not counting the Post Office or the military.

So you are saying that if we instituted a similar plan (which is not even being discussed), we would have an unprecedented building and hiring boom?

Great. We could use it.

Think of as more transitional employment. We have people working for companies which are solvent. Those companies would be abolished in favor of a single payer healthcare system and those people who wish to stay in their current field would then be moved over to a federal government which is already on the road to insolvency. The additional burden would help break the camels back sooner. Free market health care FTW!

klein

Für Meno :)

I don't know how Britain does it, nor do I really even know how Canada does it. I'm under the Alberta Healthcare covered, and live in the capital of it.
But, there is no highrise Bldg here, or in Calgary (Alberta's second major city) with the name Government Healthcare on it.

I can tell you , that the UK only spends about 40-45% per capita on healthcare, where again, everyone is insured, while Canada 45-48% of that of America.

I think our card works like a creditcard, kinda like the UPS one for perscriptions.
And I do know, our Doctors receive prompt electronic payment , within 3 days.