4x10 routes that start an hour late

McFeely

Huge Member
Why the high turnover? Mgmt, better opportunities,? just curious.

Yes. All of the above. A huge part of it is that the economy is doing pretty good here in Colorado, but the FedEx payscale in the Denver area is only a B+1. Tough to keep people around when the cost of living is getting so high:

average_home_price.jpg

In my experience, people will only put up with poor management and difficult work atmospheres for so long. If things don't change (management, hours, payscale, etc.), they move along. I can't even imagine what my station's budget looks like with regards to onboarding new hires and training.

McFeely

Huge Member
Maybe the 10 step pay scale will slow that down.

2018 has been the highest turnover year I've seen at my station, so not sure the step plan has solved that. To be fair, out of those who are no longer at my station roughly half of them stayed with FedEx (transferred to other stations, or went to Freight) but needed to get out of our station ASAP.

bluntforce

McFeely, your station sounds like mine. I have been at my current station for almost 2yrs and our 6th different ops manager will be walking through the door in a couple weeks, senior manager is terrible, and couriers are leaving when they can. :censored2: managers are pretty much ruining morale.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just like we can't count on you backing up your claim that I was wrong about annual pay raises.

You made the claim but just can't back it up. Bummer
Uh, I think you’re barking up the wrong tree and it comes as no surprise.

But while I’ve got you here, you need to read between the lines about raises which you have conviently forgot. There’s a Catch-22 clause that was mentioned when this raise program was rolled out. It said that it was subject to the company’s ability to afford them which can be an easy out if they need one. This hasn’t happened yet ‘cause it’s still early in the game. Most of us know better than to trust Memphis, but you haven’t.

You can twist this anyway you want but no one here is really listening to you anyway. Laughing? Yes. Listening? Nope!

Bummer!!!

Oldfart

Uh, I think you’re barking up the wrong tree and it comes as no surprise.

But while I’ve got you here, you need to read between the lines about raises which you have conviently forgot. There’s a Catch-22 clause that was mentioned when this raise program was rolled out. It said that it was subject to the company’s ability to afford them which can be an easy out if they need one. This hasn’t happened yet ‘cause it’s still early in the game. Most of us know better than to trust Memphis, but you haven’t.

You can twist this anyway you want but no one here is really listening to you anyway. Laughing? Yes. Listening? Nope!

Bummer!!!
YOU were the one telling me I was incorrect when I ssid it had been 8 to 10 years since we did NOT get an annual raise. YOU bragged that YOU were gonna prove me wrong when you got back to work. I guess YOU were wrong with your claims. As usual. Bummmer

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
YOU were the one telling me I was incorrect when I ssid it had been 8 to 10 years since we did NOT get an annual raise. YOU bragged that YOU were gonna prove me wrong when you got back to work. I guess YOU were wrong with your claims. As usual. Bummmer
download.png

Lucky for you, yours is long gone.

FYI it was @floridays, not @Cactus , you were trying to call out. Alzh-bummer.

floridays

Lol. 1 is as bad as the other. That is pretty sad. My mistake
As promised, I'm back to work today and will supply the only answer I can as proof of my claims. The historical pay rates page has been taken down, wiped away. Feel free to check what I'm saying. It now begins with the 2016 pay actions, and codes are exclusively used instead of pay codes and the associated work groups that come under those codes. The historical pay goes to HR, it used to be a standalone. I stand by my previous statement. You can however still see what the MX and associated line support pay rates and progression for the line. The line support service progression is stated in months, not steps. There is a defined time stated, which was where I began with my disagreement. The step progression is nothing more than an inducement to stay, not a contract as the pilots have, or a defined time period as line support has. All that has to happen for me to prove my point is for the previous yearly charts to be restored.

Oldfart

As promised, I'm back to work today and will supply the only answer I can as proof of my claims. The historical pay rates page has been taken down, wiped away. Feel free to check what I'm saying. It now begins with the 2016 pay actions, and codes are exclusively used instead of pay codes and the associated work groups that come under those codes. The historical pay goes to HR, it used to be a standalone. I stand by my previous statement. You can however still see what the MX and associated line support pay rates and progression for the line. The line support service progression is stated in months, not steps. There is a defined time stated, which was where I began with my disagreement. The step progression is nothing more than an inducement to stay, not a contract as the pilots have, or a defined time period as line support has. All that has to happen for me to prove my point is for the previous yearly charts to be restored.
You stand by your previous statement? You NEVER said anything other than I was wrong when I said it had been 8 to 10 years. You said that was incorrect but never gave your idea of the truth. Whatever that is.

Bingo

You stand by your previous statement? You NEVER said anything other than I was wrong when I said it had been 8 to 10 years. You said that was incorrect but never gave your idea of the truth. Whatever that is.
The Only year that we have not gotten a annual raise was in 2009-I keep very detailed records

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Wasn’t me. You need to re-read the thread. Those are not my words. Someone else’s, yes. But then again, the voices in your head probably told you otherwise.

Oldfart

Wasn’t me. You need to re-read the thread. Those are not my words. Someone else’s, yes. But then again, the voices in your head probably told you otherwise.
I admitted my mistake. Unfortunately you are as bad as floridays. Did you ever prove me wrong on the rise in package count? Didn't think so. Bummer

MAKAVELI

The Only year that we have not gotten a annual raise was in 2009-I keep very detailed records

Bingo just proved floridays WRONG. I am sure he will try and spin things in another direction. BINGO
Technically, topped out drivers did not get a raise this year.

Oldfart

Technically, topped out drivers did not get a raise this year.
I made that point a while back. I will take my $1700 or so and not complain. It worked out better for me. Calling it quits soon and got my money quicker. Don't have to wait 18 months.