500 k lifetime max medical

Bogey train

How does the $500,000 lifetime medical limit for early retirees work with the ACA "no lifetime maximum" rule for health care plans. Isn't this a violation of the federal guidelines under the Affordable Health Care Act to have this limitation in place? Recently met with rep about early retirement and was surprised to learn medical was limited in this manner.

oldngray

nowhere special
How does the $500,000 lifetime medical limit for early retirees work with the ACA "no lifetime maximum" rule for health care plans. Isn't this a violation of the federal guidelines under the Affordable Health Care Act to have this limitation in place? Recently met with rep about early retirement and was surprised to learn medical was limited in this manner.

The ACA rule about no limit does not apply to retiree plans. Your rep should have known that. Yes there is a 500k lifetime cap.

Bogey train

I have a family member in california who is a union member (non-teamsters) who I told this to and she has no life time max.and informed me that it's a violation of the aca

oldngray

nowhere special