6 day weeks

Thebrownblob

We have some bargaining power the last contract especially when the company was willing to go back to this negotiating table.

But oh no, let's impose the contract.

I hope that fat bastard Burns in hell.
I recall UPS put out a tweet that they thought they were going back to the table when it was voted no, then our side pushed it through. Certainly Hoffa had the right as far as the international constitution, but he was clearly mailing it in. I’m not someone who believes he was all bad. But that certainly was not the right action.

Thebrownblob

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U Needs to petition to be one of the hourlys that sits in on negotiations. That way when they say something stupid he can flip the table over and tell them to go pound sand. 22.4 Never would’ve happened if there were actual current drivers sitting in on negotiations.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I just call in
Always have always will
They don’t even try to touch me because I relate it as a safety concern so they left me alone.
Now that the heat of summer has returned I heavily enforce it.
It’s funny because they always expect it. Same time every Saturday. 730am call. They pick up say calling out? Yep. See you monday

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Sure, but it should be an option every week for the company. There’s no emergency except their piss poor planning, and vague contract language.
There’s another way around it as well. Here a lot of people use their optional days and post them for saturdays but it doesn’t count against them. They just get the day off without using that personal day.
Not sure how that abides with our language but there’s no language for it I think so they just let it go.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
During my career, I welcomed working 6 day weeks.
More money to add to my 401K and since pension credit years were based on hours worked.
I was able to build up full years of pension credits while working part time.
Worked for 39 years and got a pension based on 33+ years of pension credits.