My fellow drivers, we really need to know the rules of backing.
What the previous poster didn't know, is there are actually only 5 rules of backing
If you are to get into an accident, statistically it will be a backing accident. When you do get into an accident, your sup. will be on car with you the next day quizing you on this and every other method you must know.
There are five rules to backing. Somebody here posted 10?. You can rememeber them by just going through the process menatlly. Just think about how you would do it yourself everyday and the rules are easy to recite. This is how it should be.
So when I get to a stop that might require a back , I:
1. Back only when necessary(don't back)
2. Back first and to the driver's side (sight side)
3. Visually clear the back. (scan the area)
4. Tap you horn to signal your intentions.
5. Use the camera as a 3rd mirror.
Can you believe we actually backed without the camera 7 short years ago?