6 Weeks into Part Time Preload, am I in the clear?

Section9102

Hi all, I was hired on as a seasonal Part time preload and I'm through my 6th week on the job. I'm really enjoying the work so far, as crazy as things get around here. Hoping that after January 14th I'll still have a job here.
I'm wondering though, am I just about in the clear at this point? Or is the week leading up to Christmas gonna eat me alive?

Hi all, I was hired on as a seasonal Part time preload and I'm through my 6th week on the job. I'm really enjoying the work so far, as crazy as things get around here. Hoping that after January 14th I'll still have a job here.
I'm wondering though, am I just about in the clear at this point? Or is the week leading up to Christmas gonna eat me alive?
Most likely you will be laid off for a few days or weeks after mid January. Then called back to be permanent.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I see. Is there anybody I should talk to about this before peak is over, like my supervisor or HR?

If and when you are told that you will be laid off sit down with your supervisor and ask him/her for a frank assessment of your performance and your chances of being called back.

Ask you drivers, especially the senior ones, to put in a good word for you. A recommendation from a veteran driver goes a long way.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I see. Is there anybody I should talk to about this before peak is over, like my supervisor or HR?
You can talk to HR and the center manager, tell them you would love to be permanent. Also see if the drivers you load will put in a good word for you

Sounds like solid advice here. Hopefully I can get some permanent employment at the warehouse after peak season. Our volume is a bit lower than your other metropolitan areas, I’m told I’ll be laid off until Summer by my driver. To quote him, “even if you get accepted now, it’ll probably be April before you start” due to seniority.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It's a preload / unload position. Just the fact that you are breathing almost guarantees you will be kept on. You have to be really screwed up to be let go.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like solid advice here. Hopefully I can get some permanent employment at the warehouse after peak season. Our volume is a bit lower than your other metropolitan areas, I’m told I’ll be laid off until Summer by my driver. To quote him, “even if you get accepted now, it’ll probably be April before you start” due to seniority.

You will probably be laid off until March or April.

It's a preload / unload position. Just the fact that you are breathing almost guarantees you will be kept on. You have to be really screwed up to be let go.

Good job selling the position to him!

Indecisi0n

Some will go to Jenny in HR but there really is not need. As long as you stay off the meth, show up to work and do a decent job you should get a call back. You can get back on the meth after you get into the union.

El Correcto

god is dead
We have a kid that walks around saying violent, sexual and drug use rap lyrics out loud. He’ll just walk by you and you’ll hear him muttering some :censored2: like “I smoked a blunt then ya bitch smoked my dick in the coupe.” Or “Deese :censored2:s don’t want no smoke.”

I’m going to put in a good word for him.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We have a kid that walks around saying violent, sexual and drug use rap lyrics out loud. He’ll just walk by you and you’ll hear him muttering some :censored2: like “I smoked a blunt then ya bitch smoked my dick in the coupe.” Or “Deese :censored2:s don’t want no smoke.”

Does UPS even conduct job interviews anymore or do they just giggle and say we got another sucker? Pretty soon breathing won't even matter they will just use the slabs of meat as load stands.

El Correcto

god is dead
Does UPS even conduct job interviews anymore or do they just giggle and say we got another sucker? Pretty soon breathing won't even matter they will just use the slabs of meat as load stands.
I’d pay to be a fly on the wall during this guys interview. “Aye yo bitch, y’all don’t be tripping if I smoke blunts right”?

Indecisi0n

giphy.gif

sandwich

The resident gearhead
If and when you are told that you will be laid off sit down with your supervisor and ask him/her for a frank assessment of your performance and your chances of being called back.

Ask you drivers, especially the senior ones, to put in a good word for you. A recommendation from a veteran driver goes a long way.

this is terrible advice and a complete waste of time.

especially coming from a clown who never worked part time here.