705 Contract talks...

blacknproud

Ok, I have been reading these boards, talking to different stewards, going to our meetings my question is when when when do we start talking about OUR contract??? Who who who is going to be the rank and file members with our BA's and the rest of the team. When and where, does anyone have any ideas? Our feeder steward in Addison says be patient, be patient I/we need to know, I need to know if I am going to be stuck on the 3rd shift till I retire? I would also like to know when and if our arbitration for 22.3's going to feeder bypassing package will happen. I have faith in Steve, Juan, and Kenny, I know alot of 22.3's who have more senority than a lot of package guys wanting to go feeder, it goes by senority, 22.3 is FULL TIME, like it or not, we don't bust our nuts like you package guys but I will guarantee our pay is half of what you guys make, anybody have any answers???? Thanks in advance from all of us busting our buts either loading or sorting to feeder on the night side in Addison...:anxious:

705red

Browncafe Steward
No rush on the contract.......rush on the abritration ruling so 22.3's with enough senority can goto feeder....
We just won an arbitration today over the general utility jobs out of addison and palatine. Arbitrations take some time so hang in there, this company deadlocks everything so we have to arbitrate. 22.3s bidding into feeder will happen eventually, the contract states any fulltime employee with one year safe driving it does not say company safe driving!

blacknproud

We just won an arbitration today over the general utility jobs out of addison and palatine. Arbitrations take some time so hang in there, this company deadlocks everything so we have to arbitrate. 22.3s bidding into feeder will happen eventually, the contract states any fulltime employee with one year safe driving it does not say company safe driving!

Really, well that's awesome good job to you and Steve etc...
I'll take Steve and the gang over that P.O.S. Dan Campbell any day...remember him, lol
whatever happened to him? lol:happy2:

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Last I heard, a strike vote was authorized for our brothers and sisters at Judge & Dolph. That's the only contract currently in negotiations that I'm aware of (contract expired).

705red

Browncafe Steward
Now this would be by full time seniority as it is now?
Thats the argument. The company believes that only package car can put their name on the feeder list. But of course the good book (contract) any fullltime employee. We will have to wait for ups to drag this out into arbitration.

Channahon

705red,

"this company deadlocks everything so we have to arbitrate"

I thought a deadlock was decided by the panel which consists of the union and UPS. Is it different in 705??

705red

Browncafe Steward
705red,

"this company deadlocks everything so we have to arbitrate"

I thought a deadlock was decided by the panel which consists of the union and UPS. Is it different in 705??
Your right, my point here was that the company cannot admit when they are wrong. The union is forced to deadlock it rather then selling the grievant out and arbitrate the case, call anyone that you know here and ask them what their track record at arbitration is, dont be surprised if they hang up on you!

brett636

Its interesting that you should have that problem up there. Here in Indy we have had several combo workers go straight into feeders. A good friend of mine went into feeders 4 months after being combo. The last combo person to go into feeders that I know of happened in the summer of '06 as package car drivers have been taking feeder positions more consistently now. Although the last feeder list posted had wording on it allowing everyone from package car to part-time sign it and stated the order to pick from would be package car, fulltime inside, and then part-time. I never understood the attitude that they should fight you on every point even when they are dead wrong.

tieguy

Banned
Its interesting that you should have that problem up there. Here in Indy we have had several combo workers go straight into feeders. A good friend of mine went into feeders 4 months after being combo.
we have the same thing here. anyone can bid into feeders if their seniority is right. Chicago unions must have negotiated some weak contract language if they are arbitrating this bone.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Its interesting that you should have that problem up there. Here in Indy we have had several combo workers go straight into feeders. A good friend of mine went into feeders 4 months after being combo.
we have the same thing here. anyone can bid into feeders if their seniority is right. Chicago unions must have negotiated some weak contract language if they are arbitrating this bone.
The contract is clear in its language, its all the 3rd grade dropouts that are in management that cant understand a simple sentence!

crazyeyes

What ever happened to working your way up through the company? Feeder should be a reward for package car drivers that have busted their buts for the company. I can see that no one will want to go to package car if they can skip it. I think ups is slowly killing themselves first by offering low pay to the part-timers , by doing this they don’t get quality people to even start working for the company and now by letting people take a short cut to feeder. I have noticed that ups now hires allot of sups and mgrs from the outside. I can tell you most of them suck, they have no real experience, and they don’t know what they are talking about. I got a few more years left I hope they don’t run the company down before I retire.

tieguy

Banned
The contract is clear in its language, its all the 3rd grade dropouts that are in management that cant understand a simple sentence!

while all the third grade dropouts in management elsewhere can understand these sentences?

something about chicago. management can't read and the union goons are either in the mob or running around grunting and bragging about how big a pair they have.

brazenbrown

I'm sure you would like to take that back given the chance. Or is this one of those "I call um like I see um" bash management type of posts where you make the rest of us hourlies look stupid who have, in many cases half way decent superviors??

Wow Chicago must really suck!

Fredless

APWA Hater
What ever happened to working your way up through the company? Feeder should be a reward for package car drivers that have busted their buts for the company. I can see that no one will want to go to package car if they can skip it. I think ups is slowly killing themselves first by offering low pay to the part-timers , by doing this they don’t get quality people to even start working for the company and now by letting people take a short cut to feeder. I have noticed that ups now hires allot of sups and mgrs from the outside. I can tell you most of them suck, they have no real experience, and they don’t know what they are talking about. I got a few more years left I hope they don’t run the company down before I retire.

bullcrap. This is another reason why seniority should be seniority. Thats why the package car drivers are paid so well...you think you guys get that 27.xx an hour to relax? No. Thats why 22.3's are paid like 5 dollars less an hour than you guys.

I'm sure you would like to take that back given the chance. Or is this one of those "I call um like I see um" bash management type of posts where you make the rest of us hourlies look stupid who have, in many cases half way decent superviors??

Wow Chicago must really suck!

Management sucks at my hub too.

brett636

In response to your first sentence the package car drivers here aren't signing up in droves for feeder positions. We have three centers in my hub with probably 150, or more drivers(not sure how many exactly), and I don't believe even 10 signed the list. One of those centers only had one signature on the latest feeder list. In fact the package car drivers who actually went into feeders were low seniority swing drivers who had only been in package car for maybe 1.5-2 years max. A little over 2 years ago a part-timer with 9 months company seniority made it into feeders. I would have gone had I been asked, but I was dumb enough to believe that they actually followed the rules that were posted on the list when it was up. I didn't meet the safe driving requirement posted so I didn't sign up. I still kick myself some days for not doing so.

blacknproud

Excuse me? I have 10 years 5 full time, I have plenty of experience....give me the chance to do feeder, I have the senority.
By the way nice dog....I have a 190 pound black cane corso....that loves to eat...lol

blacknproud

while all the third grade dropouts in management elsewhere can understand these sentences?

something about chicago. management can't read and the union goons are either in the mob or running around grunting and bragging about how big a pair they have.

Al Capone, and the big ballers can go fly a kite, give me the chance that I have earned (SENORITY)