8:00pm rule?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We had one driver given a warning letter for working past 8PM. Two weeks later we had a driver given a warning letter for having missed pieces to make the 8PM curfew. It's awesome...LOL.

HAHA...last week 59.99hrs and 1 missed resi just to get back in time. Wish they would implement that rule here! Alas, that will never happen here, 75% of the routes are extended.

FilingBluesFL

One night...

I was in past 8 the first two days...

A supervisor says to me, "Hey, you NEED to make 8pm today." "Ok, no problem!"

So I go out, send in a message I won't make it in before 8, need to lose work. I get nothing back.

It's 7:25, gotta head in to make curfew. I get to the building, sheet the things I bring back as missed, and go punch out right at 8pm.

Different supervisor: "Hey, it said you had things left at 7:25... did you get those?" "Nope had to be in by 8pm I was told this morning. They're over there missed."

I got flagged down on my way out, "HEY! You wanna go deliver those packages you brought back?"

I punched out after 10pm that night.... Idiots.

CHALLY9TX

One night...

I was in past 8 the first two days...

A supervisor says to me, "Hey, you NEED to make 8pm today." "Ok, no problem!"

So I go out, send in a message I won't make it in before 8, need to lose work. I get nothing back.

It's 7:25, gotta head in to make curfew. I get to the building, sheet the things I bring back as missed, and go punch out right at 8pm.

Different supervisor: "Hey, it said you had things left at 7:25... did you get those?" "Nope had to be in by 8pm I was told this morning. They're over there missed."

I got flagged down on my way out, "HEY! You wanna go deliver those packages you brought back?"

I punched out after 10pm that night.... Idiots.

So you punched back in?

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownArmy

This thread makes me think...

Clearly this 8PM cut-off is corporate, yet I haven't heard a peep about this in my center.

Meanwhile, we have 18 casuals working split-routes (an insane amount of casuals, by the way, off the chart).

It's been great...I've been punching out at 18:30. WUNDERBAR!

When the 'free' period ends, MNGMT will lay all these drivers off, and the rest of us will work until 20-21:00.

And then, when the 'free' period starts again, MNGMT will bring them back?

I'm confused.

What's UPS's plan here?

Dick around a bunch of casuals?

some1else

Banned
Hmm wonder if that could be 6th punch pay material

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck
more important a new report means a new 8 hour gurantee. Work 8-8 then punch back in at 810 and ill be filing for 8 hours on the second punch all at triple time. Would be silly to turn down 800$

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

more important a new report means a new 8 hour gurantee. Work 8-8 then punch back in at 810 and ill be filing for 8 hours on the second punch all at triple time. Would be silly to turn down 800$

If you punch out at 2000 and try to punch back in at 2010 your OMS will simply adjust your time card by deleting the 2000 punch out time. There is no way they will give you an additional 8 hour guarantee on the same day.

Johney

Ah,no. You must have 10 hours off between shifts so technically it's impossible to do two shifts as you explained it.

CHALLY9TX

If you punch out at 2000 and try to punch back in at 2010 your OMS will simply adjust your time card by deleting the 2000 punch out time. There is no way they will give you an additional 8 hour guarantee on the same day.

Ah,no. You must have 10 hours off between shifts so technically it's impossible to do two shifts as you explained it.

And that's why they can't make you punch back in. And they can't adjust your time card without your approval.

Sent using BrownCafe App