8:00pm rule?

JL 0513

My center went hot on the 8pm curfue last week too. Wonder why it's most centers but not all. For us, there's no exceptions. I mean it is serious. Not sure what they would do if we punched after 8.

Problem is they still send you out with a 10+ hr dispatch which would put you past 8. So they're getting some guys to hustle to make it, or running their lunches. For guys that properly take their full lunch and work as normal, the center has to scramble to get them help. I think UPS is betting on getting better production out of this curfue thinking plenty of guys will do as I described.

I've punched out between 7:45 & 7:55 all week. I have taken my lunches but have no time to spare. Others have complained about having to run at least some of there lunch to make it in. What can be done about this???

This is a union shop and yet I feel there is less worker support than any other job I've ever had, none of them union. Every other job was a full 80 minutes + real break time. No preparing for your day before start time, ect... For union labor there's a constant push to work off the clock and too many of us let it happen.

What's the many $10's of millions in union dues going to other than some negotiations every 5 years?

Rainman

Its all good.
Remember the Nature Boy Rick Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Wahoo McDaniel? I deliver to the ref who used to travel with them.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.