8 Hour Requests...

Grey

1. Do you use up every 8-hour request that you're eligible for?

2. What reasons can they deny your request besides a.) you've already used two in the month or b.) drivers with more seniority have the day requested as well?

S

selfcancelsignal

I get off at a decent time on the route I bid in April, so no. Haven't used 1 yet on this route. The last shizz route I was forced onto before that for 6 months, 2 a month, you betcha!

UPSGUY72

Really Dave ?? Anyways an 8 hr request if request no more than 8 hr's of work for that day however they can dispatch you with up to 8:30 worth of work. We get to a month.

UPSGUY72

2. What reasons can they deny your request besides a.) you've already used two in the month or b.) drivers with more seniority have the day requested as well?

We get to a month I use them. You can get denied one if to many people have requested one for that day. There are first come first get.

By The Book

C. Not enough drivers, sick calls , unexpected volume.

UPSGUY72

She is right....it should be all done by now.

LOL I'm not rolling over. The house is in my name only I brought it before we got married. I'm the only one on the mortgage. She needs to buy it from me or move out. In order to buy it she needs to come up with over $10,000 or get me to give her a gift in equity on paper. Since she's being a total a- hole I'm not giving her a gift in equity and don't have to. When she buys the house she is going to end up paying my over $20,000 the equity I had in the house before we got married and the only equity that is left in the house.

There are a lot of other issues also that need to be taking care of like other martial debt and division of property.

9.5er

I have an 8hr request tomorrow. I'll let you know what their excuse is.

I always use atleast one of my 8hr days sometimes I use both of them.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
i always request mine on Mondays. Routes are cut, they arent honored and I file. Since I dont get my request on that day I reest again the following monday,rinse and repeat. It's a nice little bonus check each month

Overpaid Union Thug

I wish people would cut back on using them "just because" or to purposely stay out later for penalty pay so that others could us them when they actually need them. It's a shame that someone has to take a whole day off to make a late afternoon family function, or whatever else, because others are just playing games for penalty pay. Recently a guy didn't get his 8 hour request because there were already too many. The look on his face when he came in and saw the usual 8 hour request hogs lounging in the dispatch office on their "lunch breaks" laughing about how they were getting penalty pay clearly showed how frustrated he was with them. I can't say that I blame him for the look of disgust he had.

This is not a shot at those that actually ATTEMPT to use 8 hour requests to have a lighter day twice a month or once in a while. Just those that game the system and screw other drivers in the process. One thing I have noticed though is that it seems that management in my center has figured out who the latter ones are and aren't attempting to comply with their requests but are accommodating those that they know are of the former group. Seems like a good strategy. I mean if all they want is penalty pay then why not load em down and let the others bring it in early? LOL!

O

OLDMAN3

I use all THREE of mine every month. The fact that I'm in the central means I can bring back 50 stops to the building if needed and tell them tough :censored2:.
Yep,
8 hours period; in the central.
None of this 8.5 hours and file for penalty BS.
8 hours max, or I bring them back.