8 hour request

Thebrownblob

Is there a grievance that can be filed if 8 hour requests are not honored? And if so is it a pay claim?
1681350788089.png

Other places may have different agreements, but this is the national our agreement is, if they don’t get the dispatch correctly, they were entitled to bring it back and park the truck so they received their eight

Thebrownblob

Ask him where he works first?
Indeed, just showing him the national, many different agreements for eight hour days across the country. Never was a fan of the two hour penalty defeats the purpose. It’s probably always best to ask your business agent. If you don’t have his/her phone number that’s a problem.

542thruNthru

Ask business agent if there’s a Local agreement.
scary-movie-doofy.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Im in the central. I read the article on 8 hour requests and it only states that we are allowed two a month. Doesn’t list any payments to be made if UPS doesn’t comply.

There is no monetary penalty in the Central, because you can bring the work back to make your 8.

The language doesn't limit you to 2 requests a month..... don't know where you read that.

HyperBrn

There is no monetary penalty in the Central, because you can bring the work back to make your 8.

The language doesn't limit you to 2 requests a month..... don't know where you read that.
Probably a center-specific limit. My center starts rejecting 8-hrs after the third request in a calendar month (Local 638)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Probably a center-specific limit. My center starts rejecting 8-hrs after the third request in a calendar month (Local 638)
Many local agreements
There are Central Region interps (Art 19 sec. 3) going back to the 80's, that's what we go by.

....and I brought back stops on several occasions as a result, usually when I would get a new Center Manager and it usually only took once for them to get it right going forward.

Thebrownblob

There are Central Region interps (Art 19 sec. 3) going back to the 80's, that's what we go by.

....and I brought back stops on several occasions as a result, usually when I would get a new Center Manager and it usually only took once for them to get it right going forward.
Yep had a few guys bring Stops back they tried to fire and once a few days passed, they started wiggling when I explain to them they have a lot of liability firing someone for something he did nothing wrong

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

In the national, article 37 states that “No package car drivers dispatch will be adjusted more than two times per month”.

They probably read it there, not understanding that you guys have different language.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

One of my favorite days as a driver. New center manager and the DM was in for the day. Told them many times I would need to lose stops. They just kept saying we will get you help. Do not come in until help gets to you.

Never got help. Tossed the DM the keys and told him there was 2+ hours of work on the truck.

That was the last time I had to give up more than a couple stops for an 8 hour.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep.

After three 8-hour requests, is when you can no longer use your seniority to get one.

But.... you could be granted one every day, if no one else is requesting one.

;)
I’ve went round and round with my center manager about this and even filed on it but it went nowhere. Might have to file again.