804 election

CRASH501

I agree crash..There was a lot of experience there. Experience these guys don`t have.. There`s only a couple of them that have more experience then me.. Ive been a steward since 1992 Im very active been to negotiations so Im pretty well informed and I`m still learning..It`s not an easy job it`s a stewards job multiplied by 100..If this company senses weakness they will walk all over them..Myself I don`t need a business agent I pretty much can handle anything and everything but how many stewards have that kind of experience..If you have a week steward and a week B.A the members won`t be too happy.They will wind up revolting just like they did on these guys and in 3 years these guys will be gone also...
The problem is the damage that can be done in that timeframe , they have to go back to basics im sure these guys dont even know who, is going to assume responsibilty for each building in our districts !!!

prsman12059

That`s true and with the company breaking balls about everything this isn`t a good thing. They`re really going to come down hard on the membership. Members just have to be smart keep out of the limelight and do their jobs. Fair days work for fair days pay that`s it we don`t have to give them blood. They will be going after the people that do dumb ****. Just remember it isn`t a race it`s a marathon to reach 25 years with this company is very difficult. The abuse your body takes day in and day out you may not feel for years. It wears you out just pace yourself work like a human being do your job and there`s not a freaking thing they can do.

local804

I agree crash..There was a lot of experience there. Experience these guys don`t have.. There`s only a couple of them that have more experience then me.. Ive been a steward since 1992 Im very active been to negotiations so Im pretty well informed and I`m still learning..It`s not an easy job it`s a stewards job multiplied by 100..If this company senses weakness they will walk all over them..Myself I don`t need a business agent I pretty much can handle anything and everything but how many stewards have that kind of experience..If you have a week steward and a week B.A the members won`t be too happy.They will wind up revolting just like they did on these guys and in 3 years these guys will be gone also...

The experience you talk so much about really did alot for our pension, benifits and representation over the past 6 years. They kept us in the dark at negotiations time and told us about the pension troubles right AFTER they were elected(and knew way before). I have never ever seen more guys waiting on arbitration for thier jobs back in the past year than in my whole career combined. The current board(till January) has lost touch with its members and its a crying shame you dont see it.

PRS you have a great deal of loyalty for these guys which I respect very much. I used to have the same loyalty but that is long gone now. What building do you work out of. send me a pm if you like.

Get over it...

local804

The problem is the damage that can be done in that timeframe , they have to go back to basics im sure these guys dont even know who, is going to assume responsibilty for each building in our districts !!!

Crash,
You have 8 years in the company and have no clue what a powerful union we once were. There was one board in the whole time you were here. You should be the last person knocking these guys for standing up for what they think is right. When you get a clue, come back and talk to me.

local804

Look the whole board didn`t deserve to loose their jobs. The members were just pissed off about the pension and the contract and reacted to it. I will truly miss a few of those guys mainly Angelo who is one of the most intelligent caring people I have ever met in my life and Anthony * you can`t count the amount of asses this man has saved over his career. The first words out of Anthonys mouth was always hows your family. I thank them for their leadership and advice over my long career as a steward may God bless them both. My career at UPS may be coming to an end soon but the lifes lessons these men have taught me I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I also wish the new board luck the future of our union depends on their success.

At every meeting Anthony would start off by saying "There is 1,234,555 dollars in your pension fund, it is financially sound, and ITS YOUR MONEY!!!!!"
I have heard that for many many years everytime I would go to the general membership meetings. Over the last year, he hasnt said BOO about it. When a question is directed to him he now replies "Im not a bean counter" Lets be serious.........

I would also say its safe to say there is more than just the pension and the contract that made the members react. No knocking Tony, he is a great man but his time is up.

prsman12059

The experience you talk so much about really did alot for our pension, benifits and representation over the past 6 years. They kept us in the dark at negotiations time and told us about the pension troubles right AFTER they were elected(and knew way before). I have never ever seen more guys waiting on arbitration for thier jobs back in the past year than in my whole career combined. The current board(till January) has lost touch with its members and its a crying shame you dont see it.

PRS you have a great deal of loyalty for these guys which I respect very much. I used to have the same loyalty but that is long gone now. What building do you work out of. send me a pm if you like.

Get over it...

prsman12059

I was loyal to who ever was there it`s just our jobs as stewards. I was a steward under Ronnie let me tell you he was a great leader but mistakes were also made under Ronnies leadership. Lets not forget about Johnny L and what happened when that mess surfaced and the embarassment our local went through. He also put people on the board that shouldn`t have been there either I won`t mention names because some of them have passed and it`s not nice and what about K.S. and the mess he made out of Long Island. Yes the contract was a mistake I didn`t support it I hated it but you have to look at the whole ball of wax. We voted down contracts that Ronnie negoiated and supported also. Ive been around a long time so I remember and have experienced a lot that some of the new guys haven`t. The only thing I know is everytime I called that local for something I needed for my members it was taken care of and for that I thank them. If you think Ronnies boards were perfect you either aren`t here that long or are totally mis-informed.

CRASH501

Crash,
You have 8 years in the company and have no clue what a powerful union we once were. There was one board in the whole time you were here. You should be the last person knocking these guys for standing up for what they think is right. When you get a clue, come back and talk to me.
HERE'S THE DEAL KNOW IT ALL !!! the way i was raised in a union backround i have seen this **** since i was a boy bouncing on my dads knee !!! what i have seen over my 8 years in this local i applaud Howie & the boys for doing i have never had a bad thing to say about them and i know many that feel the same way !!!
you guys are crying about the pention , in these hard times and ****ty econemy we are extremely lucky we arent paying into our medical and or havent lost our pension . that midwest buyout was not a negotiation by our board it had to be done ..
you Morons are so worried about .10 an hour as i have stated in the past look at future monies , look for an annuity , the pension loosing money Jesus the whole damn market sux , everyone is loosing money .
DONT sit and blame the current board for ther condition of the econemy , so many of us invest our money on our own dont tell me you are making a killing righht now ..
.The abuse your body takes day in and day out you may not feel for years. It wears you out just pace yourself work like a human being do your job and there`s not a freaking thing they can do. .
well said PRS but we are nothing more than a # to the big brown machine:angry-very2:

prsman12059

HERE'S THE DEAL KNOW IT ALL !!! the way i was raised in a union backround i have seen this **** since i was a boy bouncing on my dads knee !!! what i have seen over my 8 years in this local i applaud Howie & the boys for doing i have never had a bad thing to say about them and i know many that feel the same way !!!
you guys are crying about the pention , in these hard times and ****ty econemy we are extremely lucky we arent paying into our medical and or havent lost our pension . that midwest buyout was not a negotiation by our board it had to be done ..
you Morons are so worried about .10 an hour as i have stated in the past look at future monies , look for an annuity , the pension loosing money Jesus the whole damn market sux , everyone is loosing money .
DONT sit and blame the current board for ther condition of the econemy , so many of us invest our money on our own dont tell me you are making a killing righht now ..
.The abuse your body takes day in and day out you may not feel for years. It wears you out just pace yourself work like a human being do your job and there`s not a freaking thing they can do. .
well said PRS but we are nothing more than a # to the big brown machine:angry-very2:

prsman12059

Yes we are just a number. That`s the way it is today with most companies they expect blood so the stock holders can line their pockets from our hard work. But UPS is the worse of the worse they abuse their own management people now I could give 2 about management people but it just shows you how bad they are. I survived many years by just pacing myself and not letting them intimidate me..screw them their numbers just like us.

Last edited by a moderator:

local804

:angry-very2:

I am not claiming to know it all, just know a little more than an 8 year rookie about these facts. Read some of HOWIES actuary reports and her findings. Mind you, this was the person that HOWIE hired, not just someone against the board. Please put down the kool aid and go to the store and look for a clue.

local804

I was loyal to who ever was there it`s just our jobs as stewards. I was a steward under Ronnie let me tell you he was a great leader but mistakes were also made under Ronnies leadership. Lets not forget about Johnny L and what happened when that mess surfaced and the embarassment our local went through. He also put people on the board that shouldn`t have been there either I won`t mention names because some of them have passed and it`s not nice and what about K.S. and the mess he made out of Long Island. Yes the contract was a mistake I didn`t support it I hated it but you have to look at the whole ball of wax. We voted down contracts that Ronnie negoiated and supported also. Ive been around a long time so I remember and have experienced a lot that some of the new guys haven`t. The only thing I know is everytime I called that local for something I needed for my members it was taken care of and for that I thank them. If you think Ronnies boards were perfect you either aren`t here that long or are totally mis-informed.

I would never say Ron was a perfect leader but he would never tell the membership, "if you dont like it vote me out". When Ron stepped into the building, UPS stopped working(unlike now) and they respected him. Ron would never park on UPS property and never be caught golfing, fishing, or at a cabana with anyone from UPS (unlike present members). Ron gave 100% for the members and if you could even compare him to Howie remotely, you are dead wrong.Do you think Rons choice would have been Howie to run this local? KS was a disaster and I agree with you 100%.

prsman12059

I would never say Ron was a perfect leader but he would never tell the membership, "if you dont like it vote me out". When Ron stepped into the building, UPS stopped working(unlike now) and they respected him. Ron would never park on UPS property and never be caught golfing, fishing, or at a cabana with anyone from UPS (unlike present members). Ron gave 100% for the members and if you could even compare him to Howie remotely, you are dead wrong.Do you think Rons choice would have been Howie to run this local? KS was a disaster and I agree with you 100%.

prsman12059

I agree Ronnie would never say that and It wasn`t to bright of Howard to say that. But I like Howard no Ronnie had a totally different personality he hated UPS and he made them well aware of it. But times change the whole union movement isn`t what it was years ago. That`s not Howards fault or the boards fault unions have been loosing power since the 80`s When Reagan fired the traffic controllers that was the beginning of the end for alot of unions sorry to say. I feeling if it Howard would have retired some of those guys on the board would still be here..

CRASH501

I am not claiming to know it all, just know a little more than an 8 year rookie about these facts. Read some of HOWIES actuary reports and her findings. Mind you, this was the person that HOWIE hired, not just someone against the board. Please put down the kool aid and go to the store and look for a clue.
IT'S AMAZIMG IM AN 8 YEAR ROOKIE BUT A HUGE HUGE PERCENTAGE OF MY CENTER COMES TO ME FOR ADVICE BEFORE EVEN THINKING ABOUT CONSULTING OUR SHOPPIE !
it's know it all * like yourself that are actually breaking our locals 1 by 1 because you think you can do better or your guy is GOD !!! get a grip buddy

705red

Browncafe Steward
That`s true and with the company breaking balls about everything this isn`t a good thing. They`re really going to come down hard on the membership. Members just have to be smart keep out of the limelight and do their jobs. Fair days work for fair days pay that`s it we don`t have to give them blood. They will be going after the people that do dumb ****. Just remember it isn`t a race it`s a marathon to reach 25 years with this company is very difficult. The abuse your body takes day in and day out you may not feel for years. It wears you out just pace yourself work like a human being do your job and there`s not a freaking thing they can do.

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt it 804 that lost the arbitration on a fair days work? Did it not cost a driver his job?

As stewards, give the new slate a chance and than MF em if they are not panning out.

cino321

IT'S AMAZIMG IM AN 8 YEAR ROOKIE BUT A HUGE HUGE PERCENTAGE OF MY CENTER COMES TO ME FOR ADVICE BEFORE EVEN THINKING ABOUT CONSULTING OUR SHOPPIE !
it's know it all asses like yourself that are actually breaking our locals 1 by 1 because you think you can do better or your guy is GOD !!! get a grip buddy

If a huge percentage of your center consults you for advice before the steward then why don't you run against him?

Don't knock the seniority guys, if it weren't for them, we wouldn't know any better. Not sure what building you're from, but the old timers have always helped me, from when I was part time to when I became full time.

Not for nothing, you aren't any better than the "know it all's" by coming on this message board to bash the new slate. Howie's old news get over it.

And for the record, I didn't vote for the new slate, but what's done is done, and we all have to stand behind the new slate. Part of being in a union is to stay united, and it's your mentality that is breaking the local 1 by 1.

If you think you can do it better job, go for it.

CRASH501

If a huge percentage of your center consults you for advice before the steward then why don't you run against him? .
1. I TRULY RESPECT THE FACT THAT HE WAS HAND PICKED BY THE FORMER STEWARD PRIOR TO HIS RETIREMENT AND HAVE A GREAT DEAL OF RESPECT FOR HIM IN GENERAL !

Don't knock the seniority guys, if it weren't for them, we wouldn't know any better. Not sure what building you're from, but the old timers have always helped me, from when I was part time to when I became full time.
2 . I WAS EDUCATED FROM DAY 1 ON THE JOB BY SENIOR MEMBERS AS TO THE INS AND OUTS , THE DO'S AND DONT'S AND THAT IS HOW I KNOW AS MUCH AS I DO AND AS TO WHY WHEN ASKED FOR ADVICE IF IT IS SOMETHING NOT WITHIN MY MEANS I REFER THESE GENTELMEN TO THE CURRENT SHOPPIE !

Not for nothing, you aren't any better than the "know it all's" by coming on this message board to bash the new slate. Howie's old news get over it.
3. I HAVE NOT DEFENDED HOWIE BUDDY !!! READ THE WHOLE THREAD IM PRETTY SURE I HAVE MADE IT CLEAR WHERE I STAND AND THAT VOTING IN THE WHOLE SLATE B WAS NOT THE WAY TO GO THEY WILL HAVE THEIR HANDS FULL NOR DID I COME ON HERE TO BASH THE NEW SLATE . THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM , THE TOPIC WAS STARTED AND I COMMENTED AS I AM ENTITLED TO JUST THE SAME AS YOU

And for the record, I didn't vote for the new slate, but what's done is done, and we all have to stand behind the new slate. Part of being in a union is to stay united, and it's your mentality that is breaking the local 1 by 1.
FOR THE RECORD I VOTED ROW A I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN UNIONS AND THE POWER OF A GOOD AND STRONG UNION I ALSO NEVER SAID I COULD DO ANY BETTER !!! THEIR RESPECT NEEDS TO BE EARNED ITS NOT AUTOMATIC !
If you think you can do it better job, go for it.

local804

it's know it all * like yourself that are actually breaking our locals 1 by 1 because you think you can do better or your guy is GOD !!! get a grip buddy

I see you havent found a clue yet so I guess I am done with you. If my "God" ( never said he was anything close to a God) does not do his job or breaks his promises, my ass will be ahead of you to vote them out in 3 years. Put the members first is the bottom line. Maybe since everyone goes to you for advice, If Tim ever needs some, I could give him you email, agree? LOL

local804

Howie and all the rest of the gents along with their wonderfull office staff have always been there for me and anyone i know who needed represtentation.
R.i.p. To the executive board that has been there for my 8 + years of service to this horrid company !!! You guys will be missed .

Oh please