804 votes no on both

stink219

The supplement S U C K E D !!!!!!!! The members of local 804 can not be fooled. No supplement will pass with part time package car drivers, giving up election day (in any shape or form)They need to start over from the beginning.
It's not a "part time package car driver".
It's a "full time seasonal driver taken from the part time ranks".

Agitator2

Keep smoking whatever it is your smoking. DO THEY GET PENSION CREDITS, DO THEY GET THE SAME PAY RATE, ARE THEY GUARRENTEED 8 HOURS A DAY or 40 HOURS A WEEK. If that supplement passed it would have been the beginning of a slow death to future full time workers.

stink219

Keep smoking whatever it is your smoking. DO THEY GET PENSION CREDITS, DO THEY GET THE SAME PAY RATE, ARE THEY GUARRENTEED 8 HOURS A DAY or 40 HOURS A WEEK. If that supplement passed it would have been the beginning of a slow death to future full time workers.

3. Vacation coverage drivers will be paid a guarantee of eight (8) hours per day and time and one-half (1 1⁄2) after their daily guarantee.

2.All hours worked by a part-time employee as a vacation cover driver will be paid at $21.00.

13. Vacation Cover Drivers shall receive all benefits pro- vided for them under the terms of the Labor Agreement, including part-time health and welfare and pension benefits.

11. The intent of these Vacation Coverage drivers is to pro- vide a pathway for full-time package driving jobs. Vacation Coverage Drivers shall not be used as a sub- terfuge to prevent the creation of full-time package driving jobs. Vacation Coverage Drivers may not be used to sup- plement the work force, only as temporary replacements. If there is a claimed abuse the Company and the Union will meet and review the appropriate records. Violations of this section will be subject to the grievance procedure.

12. No seniority package driver will be laid off while Vacation Coverage Drivers are in use, in his or her building.

I hope this helps. It would also have depended on how your local would have handled this enforcement. In our supplement, our Cover Drivers will have progression reduced by the amount of time driving as a Cover. They also will receive progression rate of pay or their part time rate whichever is higher. I suggest your local start with those changes.

fedupups

No and No...stink please go back to your own destroyed local...and leave the local's with balls like us fighting for a better contract alone....thankyou.

804brown

3. Vacation coverage drivers will be paid a guarantee of eight (8) hours per day and time and one-half (1 1⁄2) after their daily guarantee.

2.All hours worked by a part-time employee as a vacation cover driver will be paid at $21.00.

13. Vacation Cover Drivers shall receive all benefits pro- vided for them under the terms of the Labor Agreement, including part-time health and welfare and pension benefits.

11. The intent of these Vacation Coverage drivers is to pro- vide a pathway for full-time package driving jobs. Vacation Coverage Drivers shall not be used as a sub- terfuge to prevent the creation of full-time package driving jobs. Vacation Coverage Drivers may not be used to sup- plement the work force, only as temporary replacements. If there is a claimed abuse the Company and the Union will meet and review the appropriate records. Violations of this section will be subject to the grievance procedure.

12. No seniority package driver will be laid off while Vacation Coverage Drivers are in use, in his or her building.

I hope this helps. It would also have depended on how your local would have handled this enforcement. In our supplement, our Cover Drivers will have progression reduced by the amount of time driving as a Cover. They also will receive progression rate of pay or their part time rate whichever is higher. I suggest your local start with those changes.

Stink, FACTS DONT MATTER to these guys. They have heard all this before from me and others. They are rebels without a clue!!

804brown

No and No...stink please go back to your own destroyed local...and leave the local's with balls like us fighting for a better contract alone....thankyou.

SO we have "balls" because we voted down a strong supplement with a huge pension increase?? LOL, yeah so now our local withdraws the extra summer vacation for the younger guys and the part timers lose numerous opportunities to work full time and eventually get a full time job. Great, back to status quo. That's balls??

Agitator2

STOP distorting the facts. There are NO pension or medical contributions made into the full time local 804 pension or medical fund, when the part time cover drivers would have worked. We are the one of the sonly local left in the country that has language that says PART TIMERS WILL NOT DO FULL TIME PACKAGE WORK. No supplement will pass with any thing different. Lets see now how they will get us our pension increase.

stink219

STOP distorting the facts. There are NO pension or medical contributions made into the full time local 804 pension or medical fund, when the part time cover drivers would have worked. We are the one of the sonly local left in the country that has language that says PART TIMERS WILL NOT DO FULL TIME PACKAGE WORK. No supplement will pass with any thing different. Lets see now how they will get us our pension increase.
Distorting facts? I cut and pasted this directly from your local supplement. Where are you getting your info from? Word of mouth right? So can you explain which of these points are not true? Once again, they were taken directly from your supplement.

stink219

Haha. Destroyed? We bounced back quick once Stu was banned from the Teamsters. My local did just fine this contract. I wish you guys luck though. I just think that your executive board has a little spin on the info given out to you guys. Not sure why that is. I just hope you guys get what your looking for. I wonder what you will have to give up to get it. It is still a negotiation with 2 sides to deal with. Good luck!!

packageman

This E BBOARD GAVE AWAY THE STORE AND THEN HAD NERVE TO GIVE THEMSELFS A BIG RAISE. RON CAREY MUST BE ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE WHEN HE SAW WHAT THEY WERE GIVING AWAY. JUST ELECTION DAY ALONE FOR A FLOATING HOLIDAY. IF THEY WANTED ELECTION DAY WE SHOULD GET A LEAST FOUR MORE DAYS FOR THAT ALONE . PARTTIMERS COVERING VACATION ROUTES THERE GOES THE END OF OPEN DRIVERS PICKING ROUTES . AND THE PENSION RAISE IS NOT A DONE DEAL IT WAS GOING TO BE RECOMENDED TO THE TRUSTEES. PLUS THE MOVING OF THE START TIMES ONE HOUR. THIS COMPANY TOOK THEM OVER THE COALS. I DONT KNOW HOW FAT TIM COULD GO AROUND SAYING ITS THE BEST CONTRACT EVER YES IT IS FOR UPS THEY WILL BE SMILEING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK. AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE ANOTHER FULL TIME SENIORTY DRIVER AGAIN.

Agitator2

Distorting facts? I cut and pasted this directly from your local supplement. Where are you getting your info from? Word of mouth right? So can you explain which of these points are not true? Once again, they were taken directly from your supplement.

Vacation Cover Drivers shall receive all benefits pro- vided for them under the terms of the Labor Agreement, including part-time health and welfare and pension benefits.
'
THEY DONT PUT ANY MONEY INTO THE FUUL TIME FUND'S. That is the life line of our future.

$21.00 per hour. Of course the company loves this,

804brown

Vacation Cover Drivers shall receive all benefits pro- vided for them under the terms of the Labor Agreement, including part-time health and welfare and pension benefits.
'
THEY DONT PUT ANY MONEY INTO THE FUUL TIME FUND'S. That is the life line of our future.

$21.00 per hour. Of course the company loves this,

Actually, when that driver who is on vacation is off, MONIES DO GO INTO THE FULL TIME PENSION FUND!! Just like when someone calls in sick or has on oph. Also when a person off the street in the past works in the center and covers a route, no monies go into the funds. Only IF he is allowed to make book do they contribute to the funds. IF!!