9.5 violation

By The Book

The grievance is file and they've violated the 2 day rule. Third day and they allowed me to go past 9.5. I wrote the grievance for penalty. How long does it take to see that money and what is the amount dependent on?
When they pay your grievance it should be time and a half for all hours worked over 9.5.

jordo51

And don't forget about him bragging about delivering packages on the way home (off the clock) out of his personal car. He's a real piece of work.

Hey sometimes delivering a stop on the way home is a great way to get paid the 45 min drive home !

DOK

You must be new. Go to some union meetings. You are way off and incorrect on all your info. Weather is real life, unlike Orion. Not your problem.
Bro 27 years...and that's how they're doing it here.

This past winters 9.5 grievances thrown out due to ongoing bad weather, union agreed.

That's because there are overtime whores at every center, and they are afraid that you will some how ruin their overtime spree.
Back in 2011 roughly 70% of my center was on the 9 5 list. When that many drivers are on the list, they have no choice than to put routes on the road. And the overtime whores were happy cause they were getting bent over on a daily basis.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
How do they handle it in other areas in regards to weather? Like if there's a bad snow storm and packages get backed up and everyone's working over 9.5 to catch up?
I am on the 9.5 list and other may disagree how I handle it. Myself, I hold them accountable for things they can control namely the dispatch. If the weather is bad or there are traffic issues that are beyond anybody's control, stuff happens. If they break out routes and load me up with nonsensical splits, that's a strike.