98% GPS Compliance....or ELSE

Staydryitsraining

That would get you written up in my building . From day one they have always said orion is not an excuse to not make service. Maybe it's different where you are
Then get smart. Have you been told to follow Orion? If yes then follow it. If they say your in trouble because x was late because you followed Orion then say ok so your saying I dont have to follow orion? Learn how to turn the stupid things they say around on themselves.

turq

Then get smart. Have you been told to follow Orion? If yes then follow it. If they say your in trouble because x was late because you followed Orion then say ok so your saying I dont have to follow orion? Learn how to turn the stupid things they say around on themselves.

I've been driving for 20 years and on the same route for 15 plus. I rarely have a late air or missed business....and if I did, it wouldn't be because of Orion. For one I never follow it, and no they have not one time said anything to me about it. They know how stupid it is ON MY ROUTE. They also know that I beat the mileage everyday anyway. But I do sometimes have to break off my own trace to go get a church or school buried in my resy's. Not a big deal, i'm paid by the hour.

Orion is not a 100% compliance thing, 85%. And again it's not an excuse for missing service. If someone is telling you something different, they are wrong. Off to work!

WTFm8

That would get you written up in my building . From day one they have always said orion is not an excuse to not make service. Maybe it's different where you are

File on harassment if it’s a dispatch issue and they say something.

Last stop the other day was a dentist office... 6:30ish ‘delivery’ marked as missed cause it was after 5.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
At our PCM this morning they announced that every truck in the building is now officially equipped with the DIAD GPS cradle and that our goal will be 98% compliance in using them. Every driver. Every truck. Even the sprinter vans, the send-again cars and a few red-tagged ones for good measure.

Veteran driver raised his hand and asked "so management is expecting near-perfect compliance for an in-cab distraction?" Lots of drivers laughed. The supervisors, for some reason, didn't find that funny.

Our shop steward was quiet, as usual. I'm curious how they're going to measure this compliance. Every stop? To and from the center and on the way to the gas station or lunch break?
They want you to scroll and lock the next stop.

If you want to be evil, jam the diad in the holder and damage the little pins in the base. It won't charge the diad. The screen uses a lot of power and the diad will be drained by late afternoon.

Overpaid Union Thug

Is running orion at a certain % or anything else a production standard which the union does not recognize?
Yes, but like I said a few posts back.....all they want is for us to put it in the cradle. And it’s a win/win scenario because you don’t have to change anything other than that if you don’t want to. People who don’t like to pass stops can really benefit from it because they can see Stops on the map even though ORION says you aren’t supposed to deliver them yet. I skip them anyway because my goal is 100% but it’s good entertainment for me to watch as I drive by the waypoints on the screen. LOL

ManInBrown

my answer to them was always it’s impossible to run 85%. I don’t have a calculator in my head. It’s my way or 100%. As far as drivers saying follow it 100% and have missed business that won’t work. They’ll ding you for malicious obedience. This company is so friend’d up. So glad I’m not in package anymore.

WTFm8

Then get smart. Have you been told to follow Orion? If yes then follow it. If they say your in trouble because x was late because you followed Orion then say[\b] ok so your saying I dont have to follow orion? Learn how to turn the stupid things they say around on themselves.

No, you say it’s a dispatch issue, blame the dispatcher, then file a harassment grievance.

Overpaid Union Thug

my answer to them was always it’s impossible to run 85%. I don’t have a calculator in my head. It’s my way or 100%. As far as drivers saying follow it 100% and have missed business that won’t work. They’ll ding you for malicious obedience. This company is so friend’d up. So glad I’m not in package anymore.

That depends on the quality of the steward and/or BA. I have had more than a few missed due to following ORION 100%. Less than that as well. I have never been written up. Instead, the dispatch was always adjusted it. Air is a different story. I will run the air separately if I have to. Plus, it doesn’t affect trace if you do that. No late air yet.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Haha maybe you havent had a good one
Any steward who tells its members to not work as directed is not a good steward. That's being reckless and stupid.

I strive to go above and beyond for my members. But telling them to not work as directed is foolish.

I prefer to be calculated and precise. Not loud and ignorant.

Staydryitsraining

Any steward who tells its members to not work as directed is not a good steward. That's being reckless and stupid.

I strive to go above and beyond for my members. But telling them to not work as directed is foolish.

I prefer to be calculated and precise. Not loud and ignorant.
I was being sarcastic. But a steward that yells at managment and says :censored2: those mother :censored2:ers all the time is good for the brotherhood.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I was being sarcastic. But a steward that yells at managment and says :censored2: those mother :censored2:ers all the time is good for the brotherhood.
There is a time and a place brother. I think all of us stewards have had our share of blowouts with management in front of the center. And vice versa hahaha.

The trick is to stay calm. Stick to the book. Do not waiver. Then watch them explode.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Relax honey It was a joke
giphy (20).gif

Dragon

Package Center Manager
At our PCM this morning they announced that every truck in the building is now officially equipped with the DIAD GPS cradle and that our goal will be 98% compliance in using them. Every driver. Every truck. Even the sprinter vans, the send-again cars and a few red-tagged ones for good measure.

Veteran driver raised his hand and asked "so management is expecting near-perfect compliance for an in-cab distraction?" Lots of drivers laughed. The supervisors, for some reason, didn't find that funny.

Our shop steward was quiet, as usual. I'm curious how they're going to measure this compliance. Every stop? To and from the center and on the way to the gas station or lunch break?

Not seeing any issue here. You already disregard the in cab distraction anyway, we just made it official.