9am- 6pm

Alright then go read the Western Region supplement, Article 1. Tell me what it means.
Clearly, it reads that you are guaranteed eight hours of work between 0600 and 1800.
Screenshot_20201216-055604_Drive.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
sorry 6am - 6pm
Alright then go read the Western Region supplement, Article 1. Tell me what it means.

There is nothing in the Western Region supplement that says that.

What it does say....

SECTION 2 - PACKAGE CAR DRIVERS

(a) The regular scheduled work day shall consist of eight (8) consecutive hours, with an established start time, excluding a non paid meal period of either one half (1⁄2) or one (1) hour as provided in each respective area or local Addendum or Rider. The regular scheduled work week shall consist of five (5) consecutive eight (8) hour days Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday, subject to the provisions of (b) below.

-Bug-

542thruNthru

There is nothing in the Western Region supplement that says that.

What it does say....

SECTION 2 - PACKAGE CAR DRIVERS

(a) The regular scheduled work day shall consist of eight (8) consecutive hours, with an established start time, excluding a non paid meal period of either one half (1⁄2) or one (1) hour as provided in each respective area or local Addendum or Rider. The regular scheduled work week shall consist of five (5) consecutive eight (8) hour days Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday, subject to the provisions of (b) below.

-Bug-
Yeah I don't know where this guy is getting this stuff. As long as they post it the week before they can change it to any time they want. They can also change it in the middle of the week but will have to pay a premium.
sketch-1608133788225.jpg

tadpole

Actually, OP isn’t wrong. In my area (Washington state) there is language about something like 90% of drivers start times must be no later than 9am. The remaining 10% can be scheduled later. I don’t have time to find it now but I’ve seen it in there.

542thruNthru

Actually, OP isn’t wrong. In my area (Washington state) there is language about something like 90% of drivers start times must be no later than 9am. The remaining 10% can be scheduled later. I don’t have time to find it now but I’ve seen it in there.
What's your JC?

CitizenTruth

Guaranteed 8 hours of work between 9am and 6pm. Management changed start times to 10am next week. Anyone have experience with this situation?
Check contract, some have restrictions on how much they can move , they shouldn't be able to move it more than 30 min, say reg time is 9am, 8:30 or 9:30 should be only change allowed

Guaranteed 8 hours of work between 9am and 6pm. Management changed start times to 10am next week. Anyone have experience with this situation?
They can start you anytime they want after 6:00 AM. But your pay starts no later than 9:00 AM. If you start before your scheduled start time, it’s paid @ time and a half.

You have any trouble getting guaranteed 8 for New Year’s Eve? We had to jump through a hoop and request in writing the day before.

542thruNthru

They can start you anytime they want after 6:00 AM. But your pay starts no later than 9:00 AM. If you start before your scheduled start time, it’s paid @ time and a half.

You have any trouble getting guaranteed 8 for New Year’s Eve? We had to jump through a hoop and request in writing the day before.
That's because of article 40 in the contract.

Our steward actually went around asking everyone the day before because management didn't want anyone to know.

That's because of article 40 in the contract.

Our steward actually went around asking everyone the day before because management didn't want anyone to know.
I know, had always gotten guaranteed 8s every time we showed up for work until this contracts art 40 concession.