A Brown Cafe Christmas Blessing. Aid to a fallen coworker! Join me if you will!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had a really big check, so I gave again. Wont even notice it. Its the best thing I have seen lately to give to.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Some good news about Mark. His breathing tube was removed and he will be moved out of Intensive Care this Tuesday. His caregivers are surprised he is doing so well.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Friends of Mark Haukaas

Mark was moved out of the trauma unit yesterday to the neurosciences wing. He seems to be aware when his wife is in the room, but his responses have diminished somewhat. He seems to be thinking a lot. Besides the healing of all the broken bones and a lessening of pain, Mark's left eye needs healing. It took the full force of the impact, and the doctors are not sure what the prognosis is right now. Mark needs joy and peace to fill his room!

browned out

Hopefully MH keeps improving. I had suggested to our district manager, center manager, safety commitee and in the sugestion section of UPS survey that UPS put seatbelt sensors of the helper seats. I would think MH was belted in but I know of other drivers letting helpers go unbelted. I do not know if MH helper seat was equiped with a shoulder belt. The sensor would not force all helpers to be belted but it would show any offenses and give UPS a chance to change the habit of the driver or helper. I was told it was too difficult to put a sensor on jump seat because of conflict with driver seat sensor. If anything; UPS should be able to hook the sensor to the helper seat for peak or make it so the package car will not start if the helper seat is in the down posistion and seat belt is not engaged.

The views expressed are my opinions and no way are endorsed or representative of UPS or brown cafe.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

This posted an hour ago:

Mark has been moved to the rehab wing. He had a day off today, but tomorrow's schedule is full of physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy sessions. They plan to keep him busy from 9:45 until 3:15, with an hour break from noon to one. His speech is improving, but he failed the swallow test from the speech therapist. He said that the doctors said he will be there at least four more weeks. He stood up between the parallel bars yesterday. Hannah went home to get Mark's running shoes and some shorts, so he will be ready to work tomorrow. :-)
The scripture we claimed for him today is "Then shall the eyes of the blind be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped; then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb shall sing."

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Not anything in particular. I did miss this one.

It's been just over six weeks since Mark was injured in the UPS truck accident. He still has a long way to go to be completely healed, and a major concern continues to be his eyes. Also in question is when he will be able to leave the hospital and what kind of care will be required when he returns home. Please keep praying for him, and his wife Leeza and daughter Hannah. Posted Jan 26.

This one posted yesterday:

We had a wonderful church service today at Maranatha Grace Assembly, the church that Mark started. We made a tape for him, and sent him encouraging messages along with our love. We pray it blesses him!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I had a short but encouraging visit with Mark this afternoon. When I came into the room, Mark said "We are counting our blessings." -- Leeza was there with him. They both have positive attitudes through all of this, even through the trying times. PT took Mark's wheelchair away from him because he is now able to walk unassisted. He is eating soft foods (some pureed) and soup, and is only hooked to the nutrition bottle at night. Mark said that two of the medics that rescued him that life-changing night eight weeks ago, visited him on Monday. They are both Christians, so have been praying for him, and wanted to see how he is doing. They said they weren't sure Mark would even make it through that first night, so they were glad to see how well he is doing. Mark will be released to a rehab facility on Saturday, and will probably be there about 4 weeks. Leeza will interview two places tomorrow, and then they will decide where Mark will go. God is great, ALL the time!