Cursed my supervisor and was fired. Any help would be great!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
maybe what you have going for you is saving screenshot on said sup friend request for facebook. ( this is against UPS frat policy between management and hourly )

was a steward present when terminated ?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Assuming this isn't just a troll job, the facebook thing might bail you out, the fact that he told if you didn't friend him on Facebook he wouldn't be your friend at work or some such. I would bring that up at panel for sure especially since you have the screenshots to back it up.

Shiftless

If those are facts? You will get your job back!

NEXT TIME! Know your Weingarten rights (see below)! Only speak to them if you have a Steward or BA with you! That doesn't mean walk away be belligerent! Be respectful and just let them do their thing while you ask for your Weingarten rights!

Weingarten rights:
Rule 1

The employee must make a clear request for union representation before or during the interview. The employee cannot be punished for making this request.

Rule 2

After the employee makes the request, the employer must choose from among three options:
  • Grant the request and delay questioning until the union representative arrives and (prior to the interview continuing) the representative has a chance to consult privately with the employee;
  • Deny the request and end the interview immediately; or
  • Give the employee a clear choice between having the interview without representation, or ending the interview.
Rule 3

If the employer denies the request for union representation, and continues to ask questions, it commits an unfair labor practice and the employee has a right to refuse to answer. The employer may not discipline the employee for such a refusal.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Before I retired, I was a steward. During a grievance concerning termination for an empolyee, the meeting I had with Loss Prevention Manager his comment was that his intent was to get into the employees pocket, make him hurt financially a little bit. He knew the employee would get his job back, but the intent was to delay thru forcing the grievance lock at the local panel, then go to the next panel to further slow it down and hurt the employee longer and try to teach him a lesson. Sad, but this happens quite often. Many grievances seem to be decided before even sitting down at local panel. Our BA wasn't the easiest to work with. Just hope you have a strong steward that doesn't lean towards the company. If your comments are accurate, you should be able to get your job back most likely without back pay. They will make you feel fortunate to just have your job back so you won't push for back compensation and that you will be afraid to stand up for yourself and complain about future grievance violations. Then they have their model employee. One that doesn't make waves.

Superteeth2478

You were using an adjective in the place of a noun. Your comment to the supervisor made no sense.

pusillanimous
adjective

pu·sil·lan·i·mous | \ ˌpyü-sə-ˈla-nə-məs

also ˌpyü-zə- \

Definition of pusillanimous

: lacking courage and resolution : marked by contemptible timidity
Now, this isn't going to make sense because of the censors, but the guy didn't call his supervisor a pusillanimous. He called him a pusillanimous.

To the OP: I can't believe for a second that a termination for calling a guy a pusillanimous is going to stick. Maybe, MAYBE, if you called a woman a pusillanimous. Or called a gay man a pusillanimous. Or called a guy who identified as a woman a pusillanimous. Or a woman who identified as...whatever other special stuff people identify as nowadays. Still don't see it sticking forever.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Kung Fu Panda.....reminds me of some nicknames we have had for management. Yoda, Stump, Honey Boo Boo, Johnny Longturd, Chewbacca, Jabba the hut.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Before I retired, I was a steward. During a grievance concerning termination for an empolyee, the meeting I had with Loss Prevention Manager his comment was that his intent was to get into the employees pocket, make him hurt financially a little bit. He knew the employee would get his job back, but the intent was to delay thru forcing the grievance lock at the local panel, then go to the next panel to further slow it down and hurt the employee longer and try to teach him a lesson. Sad, but this happens quite often. Many grievances seem to be decided before even sitting down at local panel. Our BA wasn't the easiest to work with. Just hope you have a strong steward that doesn't lean towards the company. If your comments are accurate, you should be able to get your job back most likely without back pay. They will make you feel fortunate to just have your job back so you won't push for back compensation and that you will be afraid to stand up for yourself and complain about future grievance violations. Then they have their model employee. One that doesn't make waves.
they must teach this at management school because this is EXACTLY what happened at our hub. and they wonder why we hourlies had NO respect for them.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it sounds obvious that the stupe is gay but that doesnt make any difference. i guess the employee could file sexual harassment against the supervisor. then they would say he said mary said.