A fellow Driver's Life turned upside down

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
Only by the Grace of God am I not in the same situation.Taxi's are so cheap now a days---compared to a DUI--raise in insurance--possible accident.

Shoulda-woulda-coulda-----------my prayers are with the girl's family and the person who was driving.....may the Good Lord have Mercy!

rngri4

Last Friday evening a driver in are center , while on his own time around midnight , ran a stopsign and in the process hit a oncoming car and took the life of an 18 yr old girl. He has been charged with DUI and aggravated vehicular homicide charges are pending. This is quite a tragedy in this small rural community it happened in . Dont quite Know what else to say........

I am so sorry for both families, what a tragic loss of a young life, and what a tragic mistake for this driver to make. I myself haven't drank any alchohol for about 2 years now, and even when I did I always did it at home. Alchohol can have such a devastating hold on a life, it is really ashame, and my prayers go out to this driver and his family. It is unimaginable to me even more than anything, to know that I killed someone in the youth of their life, just starting out as a woman, and to me, living me that everyday would be punishment enough. I offer my thoughts and prayer to the young womans family, as well as the drivers family, and himself, he has a lot to live with now, and a quick decision to drink, will now cost him his thoughts everyday.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Re: A fellow Driver ' s Life turned upside down

i have no pity for those who gets drunk and can't control their own actions.
100% agreed.

There is tremendous awareness today, thanks to law enforcement and M.A.D.D. and other groups, so no one should be so stupid as to drink and drive. The problem is usually the drunk thinks he's OK to drive........ I don't feel sorry for any DUI's out there.

I also feel bad for the person who got behind the wheel and drove into someone. Of course they're blameworthy and I fully believe that they should be completely accountable for their actions. Their life is over, like for this UPSer: no more $26/hr job. Not only do they spend their life incarcerated or having to adjust their lifestyle to probation conditions, they have to live with the fact that their actions took the life of someone else; affecting the a myriad of lives around the victim. It's a tragic waste of two lives.

"don't know what else to say" How about not saying anything at all this thread and post are completely useless. Tragedies are common and unfortunate but do we all really need another PSA on the subject of drinking and driving? A driver recently lost his wife to breast cancer another had his house burn down, also police showed up to the hub to arrest a driver for alleged battrey of spouse ...... and what is the point of putting all that out in cyber space? Sometimes a major calamity while on the job makes headlines and maybe news worthy but adverstiy on personal time is all too common and just because it was a UPS worker do not make it desirable to post. We all KNOW drinking and driving are wrong and death at the hands of a drunk is horrible, of what use is it to hear " no one should be so stupid as to drink and drive" or" i have no pity for those who get drunk and...." Really how smart how thoughtful " I let my wife drive..." I would have never thought of that.. oh what ever
I agree with the spirit of what you're saying-death and life-changing actions happen every second, but I disagree with your argument that this is a useless thread; a lot of us drive for a living, and careless actions by our co-workers doesn't just ruin the life of the victim.
Triplicate threads about the APWA are useless, not this.

B

BLACK BOX

Nothing wrong with having a couple of drinks with your friends after work or dinner, we do it all the time. You got to know when to get up from the table and say "Thanks! Thats my limit".

I'll be honest with you, I've never used a DD ever! But when have a drink with your fellow drivers watch their back, don't get into a drinking contest with seasoned drinkers you'll lose! When you get up to leave, most times everyone will follow everyone to the parking lot to B.S.

Its at this point you can tell who's too loopy to drive.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Nothing wrong with having a couple of drinks with your friends after work or dinner, we do it all the time. You got to know when to get up from the table and say "Thanks! Thats my limit".
Re,straint? What's that? I just pass out on the floor. I think that's the only time I can say sleeping benefited society.

chev

Nightcrawler
I pray for the family of the girl. As others have said, he can rot for all I care.

You have to be STUPID to get in a car after drinking. I don't give a **** if it is only "one" beer. ANY alcohol impairs you. I don't give a crap how good of a driver you "think" you are when you drive. I would call 911 on your ass in a heartbeat before I sat by and watched you wipe out a family.

Package drivers may not have to worry as much about the legal limit as much as feeder drivers. .04 for CDL drivers, .08 for everyone else. If you are a CDL driver and caught driving ANY vehicle with a blood/alcohol of more than .04 you loose that CDL for LIFE!

Call a cab dummy!

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
I pray for the family of the girl. As others have said, he can rot for all I care.

You have to be STUPID to get in a car after drinking. I don't give a **** if it is only "one" beer. ANY alcohol impairs you. I don't give a crap how good of a driver you "think" you are when you drive. I would call 911 on your ass in a heartbeat before I sat by and watched you wipe out a family.

Package drivers may not have to worry as much about the legal limit as much as feeder drivers. .04 for CDL drivers, .08 for everyone else. If you are a CDL driver and caught driving ANY vehicle with a blood/alcohol of more than .04 you loose that CDL for LIFE!

Call a cab dummy!
Like I said in previous post USELESS thread. Thank you for that public service announcement. Every idiot that doesnt know about drinking and driving please post comments here, and NO I dont belive your sympathies for the victims.

over9five

Staff member
"Like I said in previous post..."

Yes, you did. So, why do you keep reading and responding in this useless thread???

downtowner

As a UPSer who's 14yr old daughter was killed by a stupid driver(no drugs or alcohol, just showing off) just 5 months ago. The agony and pain will remain with my entire family for the rest of our lives.
No sympathy from me for any drunk drivers.
Beautiful children are dying everyday because of them.

over9five

Staff member
Chill, downtowner! I don't think it's a useless thread. I was quoting Dave-Socal.

Condolences for your daughter. How do you go on? I hope the idiot driver is in jail. I would have a hard time not killing him.

downtowner

Sorry, over9five for venting at you!
Dave_socal thinks smart driving is second nature. Unfortunately it has to be taught and at a young age.
Some of us, Cold_socal, do feel real sympathy.

chev

Nightcrawler
Like I said in previous post USELESS thread. Thank you for that public service announcement. Every idiot that doesnt know about drinking and driving please post comments here, and NO I dont belive your sympathies for the victims.

:glare: Oh great and powerful Dave. :tt2:

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
As a UPSer who's 14yr old daughter was killed by a stupid driver(no drugs or alcohol, just showing off) just 5 months ago. The agony and pain will remain with my entire family for the rest of our lives.
No sympathy from me for any drunk drivers.
Beautiful children are dying everyday because of them.

this country's cracking down hard on fast and furious racers as we speak. i hope all racers and paul walker goes to hell...........

chev

Nightcrawler
Dave....I couldn't care less if you believe the validity of my sympathy for the girls family. Do you always call people you don't know, liars?
Could you have at least had the common courtesy to enlighten the rest of the board to your GOD status? :rolleyes:

Jacka**

BCFan

Re: A fellow Driver ' s Life turned upside down

I guess it's safe to say that over9five isn't AMISH. By the way, I'm not AMISH either and I also hope he rots in Hell for taking that young innocent life.
Cant help but to judge people? Thats the spirit!!!! Remember what the good book says about who should and should not judge!!!!! BC (not bitter combatant)