A good question.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
After a shift on Tuesday I was driving home behind a P6. I noticed a hazmat paper fly out the right side door. I dont know what to think or say, other then " well that could cost UPS 30,000, a warning or worse to a driver or PT if they get stopped or get into a crash ".

I really think that the cups in the car cab cant handle a hazmat paper. It seems to fly out due to wind within the cab. I had a driver who got into a wreck, where a semi t-boned him, the car came crashing to one side. I saw the wreck too, since I picked a different path from work ( one a million chance ), and I knew there was a hazmat onboard and even saw papers fly out of the cab and car.

The question is, where can I bring this up to leadership on the inside to change the cup within the cab? I've often said there needs to be a open and close clip on those cups. I need, we all need, to bring this up. Keeping a hazmat in those cups on inspections and crashes should be a forced issue. They fall out too easily.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Was this in the morning or evening? Stuff in the trash blows around all the time if the winds are right. Never had problem with anything in pouch.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Was this in the morning or evening? Stuff in the trash blows around all the time if the winds are right. Never had problem with anything in pouch.

This was the start of that drivers shift. Yea it could've been trash or something left over from the day before.

I just imagen with a door open and a window rolled down so much, speed of car can give birth to a vortex within the cab. Causing it to fly out at times.

A safety write up for a hazmat is a pretty big deal. Doesnt look good on your record, well a PT record. They wouldnt blame the driver for the 30k fine, they would blame the loader for it obviously.

After a shift on Tuesday I was driving home behind a P6. I noticed a hazmat paper fly out the right side door. I dont know what to think or say, other then " well that could cost UPS 30,000, a warning or worse to a driver or PT if they get stopped or get into a crash ".

I really think that the cups in the car cab cant handle a hazmat paper. It seems to fly out due to wind within the cab. I had a driver who got into a wreck, where a semi t-boned him, the car came crashing to one side. I saw the wreck too, since I picked a different path from work ( one a million chance ), and I knew there was a hazmat onboard and even saw papers fly out of the cab and car.

The question is, where can I bring this up to leadership on the inside to change the cup within the cab? I've often said there needs to be a open and close clip on those cups. I need, we all need, to bring this up. Keeping a hazmat in those cups on inspections and crashes should be a forced issue. They fall out too easily.
I've never had this happen. I bet they were in the garbage from yesterday or he left them on the dash.

Limper

Out For Delivery
Odds of winning the powerball lottery, one in 15 million.
Odds of getting a hazmat coupon fine, one in 20 million.

Future

Victory Ride
That reminds me of when I first became a driver. If I wanted to get rid of some stops I'd put my call tags on the dash and open the doors on the highway. Poof easier day.
Lmao........me also,,,,dont think i did a call tag till mt third year of driving