A new mod

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Fair and balanced with humor to boot!:happy-very:

As soon as Scratch is done whipping him into shape...look out!!

All kidding aside he has been a great asset and like DS said we appreciate his time and energy.

T

705red

Browncafe Steward
Fair and balanced with humor to boot!:happy-very:

As soon as Scratch is done whipping him into shape...look out!!

All kidding aside he has been a great asset and like DS said we appreciate his time and energy.

T
Can you please direct me to these posts that you speak of?:surprised:

iowa boy

Maybe the ladies on BC can explain "the look" to us guys. Where did you learn it? How old where you when first used it on your significant other? Why don't us guys learn from it? Why do you waste your time with it then? JK

I think the "look" has been passed down from generation to generation, kinda like that fine set of china, or that sterling silverware set your great grandma had, something along those lines. It is something that has never been changed, modified, colored. painted, etc...and after all these years it is still worth something to the wifes.
But this same look means absolutely nothing and everything to us guys. Our world revolves around how many times we can get our significant others to use that look, but if we cross that perverbial line in the sand, look out, as we have to kiss momma's behind to get back in her good graces.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Next time you watch King of Queens, check out the look on Carrie's face when Dougie drops the ice cream off of his cone in the opening. Priceless !!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think the "look" has been passed down from generation to generation, kinda like that fine set of china, or that sterling silverware set your great grandma had, something along those lines. It is something that has never been changed, modified, colored. painted, etc...and after all these years it is still worth something to the wifes.
But this same look means absolutely nothing and everything to us guys. Our world revolves around how many times we can get our significant others to use that look, but if we cross that perverbial line in the sand, look out, as we have to kiss momma's behind to get back in her good graces.
Iowa (and More) are right. It is passed down or inherited. It is a learned response from our mothers and mother nature.

If you have daughters, you learn "The Look". It came in very handy when my girls joined "The Jerk of the Month Club". "The Look" can decalcify a boy's spinal column in seconds. A boy would come over and my wife would say, "He's such a nice boy. Don't give him "The Look"!". Too late, I'd give him "The Look" and POOF! a blob of jelly on the floor where he once stood. After a few jelly episodes, I got smart. I made them stand on a plastic drop cloth. It made for an easier clean up and also made it easier to return the whole boy to his parents.
I think guys that are in touch with there feminine side :wink2: 'get' it as well. LOL

And did you know "the look" makes you look fat?

<snicker snicker!>

:tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2:

Maybe the ladies on BC can explain "the look" to us guys. Where did you learn it? How old where you when first used it on your significant other? Why don't us guys learn from it? Why do you waste your time with it then? JK
I used it this morning. He ignored it for a few but finally asked, "So are you mad at me or at *****?". **** is a friend of ours who thought it reasonable to ask my hubby to keep info from me. Needless to say I found out and was not very happy about the situation, to put it mildly. :dissapointed:

Why we use it is like asking why a bear will **** in the woods. We use it because we can. It's not a waste of time. The odds are very good that what happened this morning will NOT happen again.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was offered and refused. I decided I couldn't do my snide remarks and be a mod. too. I much prefer being evil than targeting it.:wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BB, I think what Dilli was referring to is "the look" is reserved for the women while "the talk" is reserved for men, specifically father's of teenage daughters. I had some fun with some of the young men Megan dared bring home to meet Dad. A few minutes alone with the young man and I was assured that, as Jack Burns said in Meet the Parents, the snake would stay in the cage that evening.