A new(On Topic) BC....

quad decade guy

Obvious question is, how come Mom didn't make all these changes if she wanted to "clean it up"?

MeatySmugIcelandichorse-max-1mb.gif
Good question....

I would encourage all to read TOS #6.

Then, compare that to just about any thread. Even this one. Post #30 for a small example.

The forums have very little compliance. Not even close.

Given the gravity of her passing......she had much, much bigger problems than here.

The TOS also makes it quite clear that there is an honor system on content and that the staff won't police all content.

The honor system was and is abused and in fact, non-existent.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Good question....

Then, compare that to just about any thread. Even this one. Post #30 for a small example.

Given the gravity of her passing......she had much, much bigger problems than here.

The TOS also makes it quite clear that there is an honor system on content and that the staff won't police all content.

Post 30 is not any violation of TOS #6. The post uses well crafted humor to make a point.

AccidentProne

New employees coming here for advice usually haven't developed the thick skin you need to successfully survive working for the company. It's a shame I think people need to develop a thick skin to be accepted into this community.
Goes hand in hand. If you cannot survive the forums then you won't cut it in the job.

Pin this:
"Are you butthurt easily? Then you should quit or join management"

AccidentProne

I go on BC to talk about UPS subjects primarily and dabble in politics on current events. However, most of my time is/was spent fending off bullies(like now).
Sounds like a you issue. If you don't like bullies, don't engage with them. They will argue with you as long as you keep replying. Just ignore the bait and move on.

NOTE: I'm sharing my opinion, not bullying you. Don't take personal offense.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Good question....

Nah, the problem is most people don't have persecution complexes. And most of the ones who do, don't go places where they feel persecuted. I don't care about the other person's intentions, I also don't assume I'm important enough to them to personally attack or bully me.

This place is almost entirely people giving each other crap and having a good time. Most people understand that and don't have a problem with it. I'll let the other person set the limits, wherever they take the conversation to, I'll go with, but with more style.

I was just having a conversation with someone in current events where he ended every post with a direct insult. That's how people interact. It shows his respect for me in knowing that I can handle some silly insults, and that I can sling them back at him. This is basic ritualized hazing that men (in particular) bond over. Someone reported one of his posts and got it deleted. Why? It didn't bother me, I thought it was funny.

Watch the scene in Gran Tarino where Clint Eastwood is showing his Asian neighbor how men interact by taking him to the barber. It perfectly communicates what goes on here.

You have to show people that you can handle it and dish it out, then you gain respect. You've let things spiral way out of control by taking everything the wrong way and trying to use the system to force others to conform to your idea of how they should act.

Wally

Nah, the problem is most people don't have persecution complexes. And most of the ones who do, don't go places where they feel persecuted. I don't care about the other person's intentions, I also don't assume I'm important enough to them to personally attack or bully me.

This place is almost entirely people giving each other crap and having a good time. Most people understand that and don't have a problem with it. I'll let the other person set the limits, wherever they take the conversation to, I'll go with, but with more style.

I was just having a conversation with someone in current events where he ended every post with a direct insult. That's how people interact. It shows his respect for me in knowing that I can handle some silly insults, and that I can sling them back at him. This is basic ritualized hazing that men (in particular) bond over. Someone reported one of his posts and got it deleted. Why? It didn't bother me, I thought it was funny.

Watch the scene in Gran Tarino where Clint Eastwood is showing his Asian neighbor how men interact by taking him to the barber. It perfectly communicates what goes on here.

You have to show people that you can handle it and dish it out, then you gain respect. You've let things spiral way out of control by taking everything the wrong way and trying to use the system to force others to conform to your idea of how they should act.
Seems strange some of the old guard left BC because of bullying, derailing, etc, but yet they now will run back after mods eliminate certain membership that joined after their little club was here?

Overpaid Union Thug

Wow! What a circus

Many of us aren’t “bullied” but are often very annoyed by what we see. Not necessarily because of the BS but more because it shows up everywhere. Blocking people is not the answer and also causes a little confusion in multiple threads since the people that are likely to be blocked are the ones that are showing up everywhere.

The combination of derailments and the constant same same ole handful of people talking crap to the same few members has corrupted this place. There are a handful, the few members I just mentioned, that can’t seem to say anything anywhere in this forum without those people jumping on them. And it falls way out of the category of respectful banter exchanged between two equally thick skinned individuals.

They do that because sometime in the past those individuals said something they didn’t like so they have put a target on them every since. It’s like when people used to get so annoyed with Dave. I said then that people should just stop arguing with him and attacking him to keep him in check. Once he faded away many found new targets to focus their immaturity fueled energy on. They are the problem. Not the people complaining about them.

Having said that…. Those that are complaining about being bullied either need to make the decision on whether or not this place is worth their time if that’s how they feel. Or if they want to do their part to counter balance the problematic members. It’s their call.

Overpaid Union Thug

I enjoy the contributions and differing opinions from you @olroadbeech and @Integrity , it’s what makes bc interesting. Let’s work together to make bc great again.
🇺🇸
I honestly don’t see why they are given such a hard time. I’ve never seen anything from them on here that would make any mentally stable person feel the need to argue with and make smart ass comments to them every chance they get. Or Quad. I’d scroll past them if I thought they were bad news. It’s like getting a message from the center in the DIAD. I’ll quickly skim over them and if they look relevant I’ll actually read them. If not. Move on. LOL.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Wow! What a circus

Many of us aren’t “bullied” but are often very annoyed by what we see. Not necessarily because of the BS but more because it shows up everywhere. Blocking people is not the answer and also causes a little confusion in multiple threads since the people that are likely to be blocked are the ones that are showing up everywhere.

The combination of derailments and the constant same same ole handful of people talking crap to the same few members has corrupted this place. There are a handful, the few members I just mentioned, that can’t seem to say anything anywhere in this forum without those people jumping on them. And it falls way out of the category of respectful banter exchanged between two equally thick skinned individuals.

They do that because sometime in the past those individuals said something they didn’t like so they have put a target on them every since. It’s like when people used to get so annoyed with Dave. I said then that people should just stop arguing with him and attacking him to keep him in check. Once he faded away many found new targets to focus their immaturity fueled energy on. They are the problem. Not the people complaining about them.

Having said that…. Those that are complaining about being bullied either need to make the decision on whether or not this place is worth their time if that’s how they feel. Or if they want to do their part to counter balance the problematic members. It’s their call.

It's all a matter of perspective. This song has some really good advice.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I honestly don’t see why they are given such a hard time. I’ve never seen anything from them on here that would make any mentally stable person feel the need to argue with and make smart ass comments to them every chance they get. Or Quad. I’d scroll past them if I thought they were bad news. It’s like getting a message from the center in the DIAD. I’ll quickly skim over them and if they look relevant I’ll actually read them. If not. Move on. LOL.
People enjoy arguing

Wally

It's pure jealousy or repressed sexual tension, maybe both.