A question regarding retiree benefits...

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had a question about some benefits that required an answer from Atlanta. I had called them shortly after I retired and got quick answers to my questions. This time, however, I got a recording that said they would no longer answer retirees questions over the phone. From now on, requests must be submitted via written letter or email. I sent them an email on Thursday and on Friday I got a computer generated return email stating that my request was forwarded to a representative. It is currently taking 20 working days for them to get to any requests. I'm glad it isn't life threatening. lol. Retiree questions are down the list of priorities, I guess.

O/C

I had a question about some benefits that required an answer from Atlanta. I had called them shortly after I retired and got quick answers to my questions. This time, however, I got a recording that said they would no longer answer retirees questions over the phone. From now on, requests must be submitted via written letter or email. I sent them an email on Thursday and on Friday I got a computer generated return email stating that my request was forwarded to a representative. It is currently taking 20 working days for them to get to any requests. I'm glad it isn't life threatening. lol. Retiree questions are down the list of priorities, I guess.
Don't feel special, they treat all inquires into future pension benefits with stonewalling and/or misinformation. It is like they are hiding something. Get a attorney who handles ERISA and have them send for the proper information, just going to be blown off or ignored if you do not. The union is absolutely no help at all, they are hiding something also. Frankly you are on your own, best of luck.

Sent using BrownCafe App

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
did you call your area pension office number that was with your retirement package. when I call our number in the western conference they try to answer all my questions .

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I called the same number I had been given when I retired. I got the email yesterday and it answered my question. If I would have talked to them OTP the first time, it would have taken about 30 seconds. oh well.

By The Book

I do know they are giving contribution amounts that are not reflective of what's in the current contract in the west. This is due to the fact the company hasn't paid all the monies negotiated in the new contract yet. The person I talked to said if someone was to retire now and the amounts were short it would change once the contributions were paid. The extension threw a wrench in the plans accuracy.

I agree with the last statement. I am in the West Coast and retired last year under the old contract contribution. My pension is suppose to be recalculated under the new contribution rate. Why is it taking so long?