A single dad walked 11 miles to work every day – until his co-workers found out

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
A single dad walked 11 miles to work every day – until his co-workers found out - WTVR

But his co-workers at a UPS facility in Little Rock, Arkansas, found out. And last week, they decided to make things right.

They asked Lewis to come to a brief union meeting.

When he showed up, his stoic face gave way to disbelief and then a grateful smile as his coworkers handed him keys to a new car.

“I was emotionally moved. My heart just fell,” the young worker recalled.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
A single dad walked 11 miles to work every day – until his co-workers found out - WTVR

But his co-workers at a UPS facility in Little Rock, Arkansas, found out. And last week, they decided to make things right.

When he showed up, his stoic face gave way to disbelief and then a grateful smile as his coworkers handed him keys to a new car.

I saw that on our local news last night, but couldn't find a link.

If I were still driving, I'd want that guy as my loader. Lots of dedication there.

trickpony1

Maybe it's me but...

if I had to walk 11 miles (one way)to work I think I would be buying a thing known as a bicycle.

But that's just me.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i really don't understand what the big deal is? I had a job for 4 summers where I rode my bicycle 6 miles each way back and forth to work. Good exercise and saved money on gas and expenses of a car.

world is going to hell

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

how long does this obligate him to stay